David Pham at the 2004 World Poker Tour's Festa al Lago
|Residence||Atlantic City, New Jersey|
|Born||February 10, 1967|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
|Information accurate as of 18 November 2009.|
David Pham (born February 10, 1967 in South Vietnam), is a Vietnamese-American professional poker player from Bell Gardens, California with two World Series of Poker bracelets and has made seven final tables at the World Poker Tour.
Pham was born in South Vietnam and fled to the United States at the age of 17 in a boat carrying 145 people of which only 46 survived the journey. Once in the United States, Pham gained employment at his cousin's laundry business. His cousin is the famed professional poker player Men "The Master" Nguyen, from whom Pham would learn poker and continue to do so even after Pham along with his wife had opened a nail salon in Los Angeles, California.
As of August 2014, his total live tournament winnings exceed $8,800,000. His 36 cashes at the WSOP account for $1,375,519 of those winnings.
World Series of Poker
Pham won a World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelet in 2001 for the $2.000 S.H.O.E. event, defeating a final table including Tom McEvoy, John Cernuto, Cyndy Violette and Paul Darden. In 2001 he finished in the money for the $10,000 no limit hold'em main event, where he finished in 44th place. In 2006, Pham won his second WSOP bracelet in the $2,000 No Limit Hold'em Shootout event.
World Series of Poker Bracelets
|2006||$2,000 No Limit Hold'em Shootout||$240,222|
World Poker Tour
Later, in December 2004, he defeated Alan Goehring heads-up to win the $3,000 no limit hold'em event at the Five Diamond World Poker Classic, earning a payday of $414,419.
On March 28, 2008 Pham made his sixth WPT final table at the 2008 World Poker Challenge, where he finished 5th earning $93,664.
On November 11, 2008 Pham finished in fourth place at the WPT Foxwoods World Poker Finals, earning $240,344.
Since the inception of the World Poker Tour (WPT), Pham has made seven final tables, but has yet to win a championship event.
European Poker Tour
In January 2008, Pham, finished in 4th place winning $600,000 at the European Poker Tour's (EPT) PokerStars Caribbean Poker Adventure (formerly an WPT event) after being eliminated at the final table by Bertrand Grospellier who called Pham all-in with an ace high flush draw on the turn which was made on the river.
- "Expansive Poker Player Database". World Poker Tour. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "david-pham". pokerpages.com. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Polson, Sarah (2007-12-26). "David Pham clinches Player of Year". Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- "David "The Dragon" Pham Is Poker Player of the Year". beat.bodoglife.com. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- World Series of Poker Earnings, worldseriesofpoker.com
- Willis, Brad "Otis"; Howard Swains (2008-01-10). "Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier wins 2008 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure". Retrieved 2008-01-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Pham.|
- WorldPokerTour.com - David Pham
- CardPlayer.com - David Pham
- Poker-Player-Profiles.com - David Pham
- Poker-King.com - David Pham Profile