David Pollock (actor)
April 28, 1961 |
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
David B. Pollock (born April 28, 1961) is a former American child actor best remembered for his portrayal of Rudi Stein in the movie The Bad News Bears and its sequels in 1977 and 1978. David left acting in the early 1980s and became a certified flight instructor. He then went to work for Rocketdyne where he analyzed NASA budgets and became a leader in the company's business development division. In the early 1990s David was elected to the school board in Moorpark, CA. He later represented over 6 million school children as President of the California School Boards Association. Currently David is the Mayor Pro Tem of Moorpark and is a candidate for Congress in California's 26th District, which encompasses most of Ventura County.
He attended Montclair High School.
- The Bad News Bears Go To Japan (1978) - Rudi Stein
- American Hot Wax (1978) - uncredited
- The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training (1977) - Rudi Stein
- Freaky Friday (1976) - uncredited
- The Bad News Bears (1976) - Rudi Stein
- ABC Afterschool Special - The Toothpaste Millionaire (season 3, episode 4) (1974) - Oscar
- Love, American Style - segment Love and the Unsteady Steady (season 5, episode 8) (1973) - Sammy
- Every Little Crook and Nanny (1972) - Piano student
David also appeared on the TV show Juvenile Jury and in twenty commercials.
David is a Certified Flight Instructor and Ground Instructor, and worked at the Claire Walters Flight Academy in Santa Monica, California from 1979 to 1981. He then worked as a Strategic Planning Analyst and Flight Scheduler for Flying Tigers in Los Angeles from 1981 to 1988, and from 1988 to 2006 was a Marketing Planning Specialist for Rocketdyne in Canoga Park, CA. He now works full-time for the California School Board Association as senior director of program development.