|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|The Right Reverend
|Diocese||Diocese of Chile|
|Other posts||Vicar of St Andrew's Church, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire (1976-1996)|
|Born||9 January 1931|
George Edward David Pytches (born 9 January 1931) is a bishop of the Anglican Communion and the former Bishop of Chile, Bolivia & Peru. Pytches was also vicar of St Andrew's, in Chorleywood England. He is the author of many books, including Come Holy Spirit and his autobiography, Living at the Edge. He is the founder of the New Wine conferences with his wife Mary, who is also an author in the field of Christian counselling.
He supported the Soul Survivor movement in England during its early days and throughout its history; for example, the Soul in the City event was supported by a large donation received from a New Wine conference only days before.
Pytches, along with Bishop C. FitzSimons Allison and four others, participated in the consecration in 2000, in Singapore, of two bishops opposed to the blessing of same-sex unions by the Episcopal Church USA.
Pytches and his wife gave the leadership of New Wine over to John and Anne Coles in 2001, but still visit the conferences every year and continue to speak there.
The appointment of his son-in-law, the Reverend Canon Dr Christopher Cocksworth, as the 9th Bishop of Coventry and youngest serving diocesan bishop in the Church of England, was announced in March 2008.
- Pastoral Prayer Ministry Training
- Prophecy In The Local Church
- Leadership For New Life
- Does God Speak Today?
- Some Said It Thundered:A Personal Encounter with the Kansas City Prophets (1991)
- Come Holy Spirit: Learning How to Minister in Power (with John Wimber) (1994)
- John Wimber: a Tribute
- Spiritual Gifts in the Local Church
- Living at the Edge (2002)
- Can Anyone Be A Leader? (2004)
- Upside Down: Living the Beatitudes in the 21st Century (2007)
- ‘PYTCHES, Rt Rev. (George Edward) David’, Who's Who 2012, A & C Black, 2012; online edition, Oxford University Press, December 2011 Accessed 23 April 2012
some said it thundered - Hodder - printed Great Britain 1990 ISBN 0-340-52835-4 Hope this helps
- Upside Down book review
|This Chilean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an individual Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|