October 8, 1990 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|NHL Draft||17th overall, 2009
St. Louis Blues
David Rundblad (born October 8, 1990 in Lycksele, Sweden) is a Swedish professional ice hockey player who is currently a member of the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League (NHL). Rundblad was drafted 17th overall by the St. Louis Blues in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He began his NHL career with the Ottawa Senators before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes. On March 4, 2014, he was then traded to the Chicago Blackhawks.
|Competitor for Sweden|
|Men's ice hockey|
|World Junior Championship|
Rundblad scored his first Elitserien goal on March 14, 2009, in a playoff game against Linköpings HC. NHL Central Scouting ranked Rundblad sixth among European skaters for the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, one spot behind Skellefteå AIK teammate Tim Erixon. The following season, Rundblad remained with Skellefteå and scored his first regular season goal on January 30, 2010 against Mattias Modig of Luleå HF, a goal that ended up being the game-winner.
On June 10, 2010, it was announced that Rundblad had signed an entry-level contract with St. Louis. On June 25, 2010, he was acquired by the Ottawa Senators in exchange for the 16th overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, which the Blues used to select Vladimir Tarasenko.
Rundblad finished the 2010–11 season with 50 points in 55 games. That is the second highest point total of any defenseman in league history, after David Petrasek who had 53 points (in 52 games) in 2009–10.
Rundblad attended his first Senators camp in 2011, and remained on the roster into the season. Rundblad made his NHL debut on October 11, 2011 against the Minnesota Wild. Rundblad's first NHL point was an assist on a goal by Peter Regin on October 15 in a game against the Washington Capitals. His first NHL goal came on November 27, 2011 against Cam Ward of the Carolina Hurricanes.
David Rundblad participated in the AHL All-Star Classic in Providence, RI on January 28, 2013. Rundblad scored 6 goals and had 17 assists for 23 points in 32 games before the break.
|Junior Int' totals||18||2||6||8||4|
|Senior Int' totals||4||0||1||1||2|
- "Blues Select Rundblad at 2009 Draft". St. Louis Blues. 2009-06-29.
- "Hockeyligan.se - Statistik". Svenska Hockeyligan AB. 2010-01-30.
- "Blues Sign David Rundblad". St. Louis Blues. 2010-06-10.
- "Elite Prospects". Elite Prospects. 2011-04-30.
- "Game Boxscore - Ottawa vs. Washington". National Hockey League. 2011-10-15.
- "Game Recap - Carolina vs. Ottawa". National Hockey League. 2011-11-27.
- "Turris traded to Ottawa for Rundblad, pick". National Hockey League. 2011-12-17.
- David Rundblad's player profile at NHL.com
- David Rundblad's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- David Rundblad's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- David Rundblad – player profile and career stats at European Hockey.Net
|Awards and achievements|
|St. Louis Blues first round draft pick