May 7, 1987 |
Edmonton, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
Schlemko played junior hockey for the Medicine Hat Tigers of the Western Hockey League from 2004 until 2007. He was a member of the Tigers' WHL championship team in 2007. Undrafted, Schlemko was signed as a free agent on July 19, 2007, by the Coyotes to a three-year entry level contract and was assigned to the Central Hockey League's Arizona Sundogs. In 2008, Schlemko was assigned to the San Antonio Rampage. He made his NHL debut with the Coyotes during the 2008–09 season, playing a total of 3 games scoring 1 assist. His first career NHL goal was scored on November 14, 2009, against Marty Turco of the Dallas Stars.
In the 2014–15 season, on January 3, 2015, he was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars. Schlemko played in 5 scoreless games with the Stars as a reserve defenseman before he was again placed and claimed off waivers by the Calgary Flames on March 1, 2015.
|2004–05||Medicine Hat Tigers||WHL||65||5||24||29||23||13||0||3||3||10|
|2005–06||Medicine Hat Tigers||WHL||69||9||35||44||44||13||2||5||7||15|
|2006–07||Medicine Hat Tigers||WHL||64||8||50||58||78||23||3||13||16||12|
|2007–08||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||1||0||0||0||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||68||7||22||29||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||55||5||26||31||30||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||3||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Coyotes sign Schlemko to contract". Phoenix Coyotes. 2007-07-19. Retrieved 2011-04-17.
- "Tippet wins in return to Dallas". CBS Sports. 2009-11-14. Retrieved 2011-04-17.
- "Dallas Stars claim defenseman David Schlemko off Waivers". Dallas Stars. 2015-01-03. Retrieved 2015-01-03.
- "Flames trade Glencross to Capitals, claim Schlemko". Yahoo! Sports. 2015-03-01. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- David Schlemko's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- David Schlemko's player profile at NHL.com
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|