Sitek in January 2004
|Birth name||David Andrew Sitek|
|Born||September 6, 1972|
|Occupations||Musician, record producer|
|Instruments||Guitar, keyboard, drums, various|
|Labels||Touch and Go Records
Federal Prism Records
|Associated acts||TV on the Radio
David Andrew Sitek (born September 6, 1972) is an American musician, guitarist and record producer, best known as a member of the band TV on the Radio. He has also worked with bands such as Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Liars, Foals, Celebration, and most recently Beady Eye, and produced free jazz-influenced remixes of songs by artists such as Beck and Nine Inch Nails, and has contributed a solo track to the Red Hot Organization Dark Was the Night charity compilation. He is also a photographer and painter.
A solo album from Sitek under the name Maximum Balloon was released on September 21, 2010 on Interscope with individual songs released as singles commencing June 15, 2010. The record includes contributions by many guests including David Byrne, Tunde Adebimpe, and Karen O.
With Jane's Addiction
- The Great Escape Artist (2011)
Sitek produced the album Anywhere I Lay My Head for actress Scarlett Johansson, released in May 2008. Sitek also co-produced the debut album Antidotes by Foals and the debut EP of Chicago band Aleks and the Drummer titled May a Lightning Bolt Caress You self released by the band in June 2008.
- TV on the Radio – OK Calculator (2002)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Yeah Yeah Yeahs (2002)
- Love Life – Here Is Night, Brothers, Here the Birds Burn (2002)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Fever to Tell (2003)
- TV on the Radio – Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes (2004)
- Liars – They Were Wrong, So We Drowned (2004)
- Celebration (band) – Celebration (2005)
- TV on the Radio – Return to Cookie Mountain (2006)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Show Your Bones (2006)
- The OhSees – The Cool Death of Island Raiders (2006)
- Dragons of Zynth – Coronation Thieves (2007)
- Celebration – The Modern Tribe (2007)
- Foals – Antidotes (2008)
- Scarlett Johansson – Anywhere I Lay My Head (2008)
- Aleks and the Drummer - May A Lightning Bolt Caress You! (2008)
- TV on the Radio – Dear Science (2008)
- Telepathe – Dance Mother (2009)
- Iran – Dissolver (2009)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It's Blitz! (2009)
- Pink Noise – What Will Happen If Someone Finds Out? (2009)
- Wale – Attention Deficit (2009)
- Holly Miranda - The Magician's Private Library (2010)
- Daniel Higgs - Say God (2010)
- TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
- Icky Blossoms, (2012)
- Santigold - Master of My Make-Believe (2012)
- CSS (band) - Planta (2013) 
- Bat for Lashes - The Haunted Man
- Beady Eye - BE (2013) 
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito (2013) 
- TV on the Radio - "Mercy" and "Million Miles" (2013)
- Oh Land - Wishbone (8 tracks) (2013) 
Though Sitek has collaborated with several Brooklyn-based indie bands, he looks upon the indie music movement with skepticism. In an interview with the Danish music magazine Soundvenue, he explains that he is dissatisfied with the opportunistic turn music has taken, referring to the self-promoting indie bands moving to Brooklyn only to claim that they are from "the creative mecca" in order to get the attention of music magazines. This may explain why Sitek has settled down on the West coast in Beverly Hills, California. He explains (the writer's own translation from Danish): "People can't hide themselves out here. Everyone looks after his own interests. It's a very egocentric city. But I don't care what 'indie people' think. Those bands complaining about other bands selling out, got their iPod filled up with illegal music". On his solo project Maximum Balloon, Sitek collaborates with many of his old friends (among these are Karen O, David Byrne and Kyp Malone from TV on the Radio), whom he claims are still interested in creating beautiful songs, not only songs that the music magazines want to write about, which, he thinks, keeps the music interesting.
- If You Return featuring Little Dragon (2010)
- Groove Me featuring Theophilus London (2010)
- Tiger featuring Aku (2010)
- "Various Artists: Dark Was the Night". Pitchfork Media. February 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "The Future 50: The bands, artists and innovators driving music forward.". NME. 2008-04-26.
- Billy Jones (June 14, 2010). "an interview w/ Dave Sitek of Maximum Balloon (the TVOTR guitarist/producer's new project w/ many guest vocalists)". Brooklyn Vegan. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- Greenwalk, David. "Interview / Grizzly Bear". cokemachineglow.com. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- MySpace.com – Aleks and The Drummer – CHICAGO, Illinois – Surf / Grime / Breakbeat
- MySpace.com – Apollo Heights – NEW YORK, NEW YORK – Experimental / Shoegaze / Progressive – www.myspace.com/apolloheights
- Berman, Stuart (2007-10-16). "Dragons of Zynth: Coronation Thieves: Pitchfork Record Review". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2008-06-01.
- Strang, Samuel. "DiScover: Telepathe". Drowned in Sound. Retrieved 2008-06-01.
- "Allmusic.com - Nine Types of Light - TV on the Radio - Album Credits". Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- Soundvenue, November 2010, issue no. 46
- [Soundvenue, November 2010, issue no. 46]