|Full name||David Swallow|
|Date of birth||19 November 1992|
|Original team||East Fremantle (WAFL)|
|Draft||#1, 2010 National Draft, Gold Coast|
|Height/Weight||186cm / 83 kg|
|Current club||Gold Coast|
|2011–||Gold Coast||51 (22)|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2013 season.
In 2010, despite not yet being drafted by an AFL team, the Gold Coast Suns were permitted to allow Swallow to play with the side in the VFL. This meant that the club were enforced to select Swallow before another team had a pick in the draft (a minimum of pick 3). However, it was widely assumed that Swallow would be taken with the 1st overall pick of the 2010 Draft, which was confirmed on 19 November.
Swallow played his junior football at Rossmoyne Junior Football Club (Rossmoyne Raiders). He was named on the half-back line of the 2009 Under-18 All Australian team as a 16-year-old. Swallow was also awarded the Larke Medal as the National Under-18 Competition's best player. When he was younger he attended Shelley Primary School and Rossmoyne Senior High School.
Swallow was part of the inaugural Gold Coast Suns team which played against Carlton in round 2 of the 2011 AFL season. He was also part of the first victory against Port Adelaide in round 5. After a 21-possession, 2-goal performance against the Western Bulldogs in round 14, Swallow was nominated for the 2011 AFL Rising Star.
- Statistics are correct as of the end of Round 11 of the 2014 season. 
|†||Denotes seasons in which O'Meara won an AFL Premiership|
|Led the league for the Season only*|
|Led the league after finals only*|
|Led the league after Season and Finals*|
*10 games required to be eligible.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Gold Coast SUNS outstanding results at the 2010 NAB Draft". Gold Coast FC. 18 November 2010. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- West Australian Swallow joins Gold Coast Football Club
- How the Coasters enticed a Swallow to take flight
- Gold Coast snaps up David Swallow
- WA dominates All-Australian side
- Swallow, Hooper 2009 Larke Medallists
- David Swallow's profile on the official website of the Gold Coast Football Club
- David Swallow's statistics from AFL Tables
with Andrew Hooper
|Number one overall pick in AFL draft
18 years, 134 days