||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
March 23, 1978 |
Hinsdale, Illinois, U.S.
David Tom is an American actor.
In 1993, Tom was nominated for two Young Artist Awards for his roles in Stepfather III and Stay Tuned. In 1994, he was again nominated for "Outstanding Youth Ensemble in a Motion Picture" for Swing Kids, alongside co-stars Robert Sean Leonard, Christian Bale and Frank Whaley.
He portrayed Billy Abbott on the CBS soap opera, The Young and the Restless, from 1999 to 2002. Tom received two Daytime Emmy nominations for "Outstanding Younger Actor" in 2000 and 2001, winning in the former year. He also won a Soap Opera Digest Award for "Outstanding Male Newcomer" in 2000 and was consecutively nominated in 2001 for "Outstanding Younger Lead Actor". It was announced in November 2013 that Tom would be reprising the role of Billy, taking over the role from Billy Miller, who had portrayed the character since 2008.
In 2004, Tom portrayed Paul Cramer (the half-brother of Kelly Cramer, portrayed by his sister, Heather) on the ABC soap opera, One Life to Live, a role he played from March of that year to October 2004. His character was crucial to a year-long baby-switch storyline on One Life to Live and its sister series, All My Children. He played Whitey, Tobey Maguire's adversary in the Reese Witherspoon/Tobey Maguire movie Pleasantville in 1998. He also had a small role in the made for TV movie The 60s in 1999, and a recurring role on The CW television network in its series Veronica Mars in 2006.
Tom was born in Hinsdale, Illinois. He has a twin sister, Nicholle Tom, who is also an actress. He and Nicholle guest-starred together as siblings in a 2008 episode of Criminal Minds. His other sister, Heather Tom, appeared on The Young and the Restless as well, as Victoria Newman, but the two almost never appeared together in the same scene. Coincidentally, the Tom siblings' The Young and the Restless characters, Victoria Newman (now played by Amelia Heinle) and Billy Abbott, are now married on the soap opera.
Tom's musical background includes formerly being the lead singer of the indie rock band Eudora.
- Veronica Mars as Chip Diller (2006) (recurring)
- All My Children as Paul Cramer (2004)
- One Life to Live as Paul Cramer (2004, 2005)
- Party of Five as Heath (1999) (recurring)
- Pleasantville as Whitey (1998)
- The Young and the Restless as Billy Abbott (1999–2002, 2014-)
- Swing Kids as Willi (1993)
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman as Lewis Bing (1993) (recurring)
- Stay Tuned as Daryl Knable (1992)
- Get a Life as Otto (1990)
- A Brand New Life as Bart McCray (1989)
- Man Of Miracles as David (1989)
- Plain Clothes (1988)
- Walking Thunder (1994 film) as Jacob McKay (1994)
3. from the DVD liner notes for 'Walking Thunder' 1994 as Jacob McKay