Veikune in 2010.
No. 33 Free agent
|Date of birth:December 12, 1985|
|Place of birth: Anchorage, Alaska|
|High school: 'Ewa Beach (HI) James Campbell|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 52|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Cleveland Browns|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2012
Career Arena football statistics as of 2014
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
David Fa'otusia Veikune (born December 12, 1985) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. Previously played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Hawaii.
He has also played for the Denver Broncos.
Veikune played high school football at Campbell High School in 'Ewa Beach, Hawai'i. As a senior he posted 92 tackles, 26 tfl's and 16.5 sacks. He was named 1st team by the Star Bulletin and the Honolulu Advertiser.
He started his career at the University of Colorado at Boulder where he was redshirted in 2004.
Fresno City College
He transferred to Fresno City College where he spent a year. He earned All-Northern California honorable mention.
Later he transferred to the University of Hawaii at Manoa where he saw action as a special teamer and as backup in 2006. In 2007, Veikune was named a 1st team ALL-WAC Selection even though he never started a game. He led the WAC in sacks with seven (pre-bowl). In 2008, Veikune earned a 2nd team ALL-WAC Selection after he was the team’s third leading tackler with 73 and was among the WAC’s leaders with 16.5 tackles for loss and nine sacks. He played Defensive Tackle and Defensive End at Hawaii. He also had 11 quarterback hurries and forced four fumbles.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2⅜ in||257 lb||34.3 in||10 in||4.75 s||1.59 s||2.76 s||4.46 s||7.20 s||33 in||9 ft 2 in||35 reps||28|
|40 (and splits) from Hawaii Pro Day, all others from NFL Combine.|
Veikune was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round (52nd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He was taken one pick before Pro Bowler LeSean McCoy, the Browns were starting Jamal Lewis. The pick was acquired from the New York Jets in an earlier trade that allowed the Jets to draft quarterback Mark Sanchez.
Veikune was waived by the Browns on September 7, 2010.
On May 31, 2013, Veikune was released by the Riders before training camp of 2013 started.
Los Angeles Kiss
- Warrior Trio To Compete In College All-Star Games
- Nawrocki, Nolan (April 21, 2009). "The Way We Hear It — draft edition". Pro Football Weekly website. Retrieved April 25, 2009.
- "Browns release linebacker Veikune". The Morning Journal. September 8, 2010. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- "BRONCOS SIGN FREE-AGENT LB DAVID VEIKUNE; WAIVE LB JARVIS MOSS". denverbroncos.com. November 17, 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "Broncos Release 8th-Year Cornerback Nate Jones". CBS. August 29, 2011. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- http://www.riderville.com/article/riders-sign-defensive-end Riders Sign Defensive End
- http://cfl.ca/page/transactions-november-2011 Transactions - November 2011
- Chris Pokorny (June 1, 2013). "Former Browns LB David Veikune Released from CFL Team". dawgsbynature.com. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- "KISS Bolster Squad with Additions of Veikune, Jarboe". arenafootball.com. October 8, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2013.