|Born||8 September 1954
|Doctoral advisor||Bertram Kostant|
|Doctoral students||Pramod Achar
David Alexander Vogan, Jr. is a mathematician at M.I.T. who works on unitary representations of simple Lie groups. He received his Ph.D. from M.I.T. in 1976, under the supervision of Bertram Kostant.He is one of the participants in the Atlas of Lie Groups and Representations.
- Representations of real reductive Lie groups. Birkhäuser, 1981
- Unitary representations of reductive Lie groups. Princeton University Press, 1987 ISBN 0-691-08482-3
- with Paul Sally (ed.): Representation theory and harmonic analysis on semisimple Lie groups. American Mathematical Society, 1989
- with Jeffrey Adams & Dan Barbasch (ed.): The Langlands Classification and Irreducible Characters for Real Reductive Groups. Birkhäuser, 1992
- with Anthony W. Knapp: Cohomological Induction and Unitary Representations. Princeton University Press, 1995 ISBN 0-691-03756-6
- with Joseph Wolf & Juan Tirao (ed.): Geometry and representation theory of real and p-adic groups. Birkhäuser, 1998
- with Jeffrey Adams (ed.): Representation theory of Lie groups. American Mathematical Society, 2000
- The Character Table for E8. In: Notices of the AMS. Nr. 9, 2007 (PDF)
- David Vogan at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-08-29.
- Springer, A. T. (1983). "Review: Representations of real reductive Lie groups, by David A. Vogan, jr". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 8 (2). pp. 365–371.
- Knapp, A. W. (1989). "Unitary representations of reductive Lie groups, by David A. Vogan, jr". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 21 (2): 380–384.
- Home page for David Vogan
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|