David White (geologist)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|(Charles) David White|
July 1, 1862|
Palmyra, New York
|Died||February 7, 1935
|Alma mater||Cornell University|
|Known for||Chief Geologist, USGS|
|Notable awards||Thompson Medal (1931)
Charles Doolittle Walcott Medal (1934)
|Author abbrev. (botany)||C.D.White|
David White won the Thompson Medal in 1931 and the Walcott Medal in 1934. He "himself considered that his structure-carbon ratio for the occurrence of oil and gas was his greatest scientific achievement."
- Flora of the outlying Carboniferous basins of southwestern Missouri US Geological Survey Bulletin No. 98 (1893)
- Fossil flora of the lower coal measures of Missouri US Geological Survey Monograph No. 37 (1899)
- The geology of the Perry Basin in southeastern Maine with G.O. Smith. US Geological Survey Professional Paper No. 35 (1905)
- The effect of oxygen in coal US Geological Survey Bulletin No. 382 (1909)
- Shorter contributions to general geology, 1913 US Geological Survey Professional Paper No. 85 (1914)
- Reported that the US oil supply as of end of 1918 was 6.74 billion barrels. New York Times, October 7, 1919, page 26.
- "Algal deposits of Unkar Proterozoic age in the Grand Canyon, Arizona" (PDF). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 14 (7): 597–600. July 1928. doi:10.1073/pnas.14.7.597.
- James Sheire (July 1975), National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: David White House (PDF), National Park Service
- White, D. (1908) Fossil Flora of the Coal Measures of Brazil, pp. 337-617 + 14 plates IN: White, I.C. (1908) "Commissão de Estudos das Minas de Carvão de Pedra do Brazil”, Final Report, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Part I, p. 1-300 ; Part II, p. 301-617 [Bilingual report, Portuguese & English]. (Facsimile edition: 1988)
- "David White (1862-1935): paleobotanist and geologist". Geological Memoir 185. Geological Society of America. 1995. pp. 134–148.
- "Author Query for 'C.D.White'". International Plant Names Index.
|This biographical article about an American geologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a paleontologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|