David Wiggins (jurist)
Justice Wiggins attended the University of Illinois at Chicago and received his bachelor's degree in 1973. He then attended Drake University Law School While there, he was an associate editor of the Drake Law Review. He graduated with honors and Order of the Coif in 1976.
Wiggins' term was scheduled to end on December 31, 2012. Wiggins had supported the 2009 Varnum v. Brien which declared the ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional. In the 2010 election, three justices who had supported the decision were ousted. Wiggins was retained in 2012 with 54.61% of the vote.
Wiggins served on the Board of Governors of the Iowa State Bar Association, was President of the Iowa Trial Lawyers Association, was senior counsel for the American College of Barristers, was master emeritus of the C. Edwin Moore American Inns of Court.
- Meritorious Achievement Award from the Iowa Trial lawyers Association
- "David Wiggins". NNDB. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "Justice David Wiggins". Iowa Judicial Branch. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- Sulzberger, A. G. (November 3, 2010). "In Iowa, Voters Oust Judges Over Marriage Issue". New York Times. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Official Results - General Election - November 6, 2012". Iowa Secretary of State. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
|This Iowan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|