|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
David Willicombe is a British former professional rugby league footballer of the 1960s, 70s and 80s. He played at representative level for Great Britain, and Wales, and at club level for Halifax, and Wigan, as a Centre, i.e. number 3 or 4.
Willicombe initially played rugby union in Wales for Cardiff International Athletic Club. In his 1974 debut for Wigan he scored a hat-trick of tries. Willicombe won caps for Wales (RL) while at Halifax in 1970 against England, while at Wigan in 1975 against France, and England, in the 1975 Rugby League World Cup against France, England, Australia, New Zealand, New Zealand, and France, and in 1978 against France, England, and Australia, and won caps for Great Britain (RL) while at Wigan in 1974 against France (2 matches), and New Zealand.
- Williams, Graham; Lush, Peter; Farrar, David (2009). The British Rugby League Records Book. London League. pp. 108–114. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6.
- "Wigan Warriors Announce Heritage Numbers". wiganwarriors.com. Wigan Warriors. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Statistics at wigan.rlfans.com