Appollonio at the 2012 Liège–Bastogne–Liège
|Full name||Davide Appollonio|
June 2, 1989 |
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lb)|
|Current team||Ag2r-La Mondiale|
|Infobox last updated on
11 April 2014
Davide Appollonio (born 2 June 1989) is an Italian professional road bicycle racer for UCI ProTour team Ag2r-La Mondiale. Appollonio first made an impression in the professional ranks riding as a stagiaire for Cervélo TestTeam during the latter part of 2009, before signing for the team as a neo-pro for the 2010 season.
He joined Team Sky for the 2011 season, picking up his first win for the team on the 3rd stage of the Tour de Luxembourg, and then his first overall Sprints competition the following day. Appollonio left Team Sky at the end of the 2012 season, and joined Ag2r-La Mondiale on a two-year contract from the 2013 season onwards. In October 2014 he announced that he would join Androni Giocattoli-Venezuela for 2015, the first time Appollonio has joined an Italian professional cycling team.
- 6th GP Palio del Recioto
- 1st Stage 4 Tour du Limousin
- 2nd GP Fourmies
- 2nd Tour de Vendée
- 5th Clasica de Almeria
- 7th Coppa Sabatini
- 10th GP Pino Cerami
- Tour de Luxembourg
- 1st Stage 1 Tour du Poitou-Charentes
- 7th Overall Ster Elektrotoer
- 4th London Nocturne Smithfields
- 5th Paris–Bourges
- 2nd Roma Maxima
- 6th Scheldeprijs
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
WD = Withdrew; IP = In Progress
- "Appollonio and Betancur sign for Ag2R-La Mondiale". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). 2 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Richardson, Simon (27 October 2010). "Hunt signs for Team Sky along with Appollonio". Cycling Weekly (IPC Media Limited). Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "News shorts: Andy Schleck to retire?". cyclingnews.com. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
Media related to Davide Appollonio at Wikimedia Commons
- Davide Appollonio profile at Cycling Archives
|This biographical article relating to Italian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|