||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
Davide Esposito is an Italian singer and songwriter from Naples. He grew up in the 1980s listening to Lucio Dalla and Lucio Battisti (both famous Italian singers). He started learning piano when he was a child.
After playing in clubs and bars around Italy, he started to work with different producers and writers and eventually with Peermusic France. His collaborations led him to sign with Peermusic France and to have his songs covered by many French and International artists such as Sylvie Vartan, Florent Pagny, Tina Arena, Kelly Joyce, Joey Young, Gregory Lemarchal, Emmanuel Moire, Murray Head, Martin Giroux, Cindy Daniel, Mario Pelchat, Amaury Vassili, Edu Del Prado, Elodie Frégé, Michal, Ishtar, Saya, Yelena Neva and Dejan Ozarevic.
More than six million albums and singles have been sold which include his songs. He wrote with many writers which include Tony Nilsson, Marie-Jo Zarb, François Welgryn, Henrik Janson, Remi Lacroix, Murray Head, Jean-Felix Lalanne, Franck Fossey, Gregory Lemarchal, Katia Landréas, Paul Manners, Isabelle Bernal, Mogol, Christian Walz, Mattias Blomdahl, Niklas Jarl, Francesco De Benedittis, Yann Guillon, Lionel Florence, Stanislas Renoult,Yelena Neva, Edu Del Prado, Tina Arena, Eric Chemouny, Abril, Emmanuelle Cosso, Brendan Graham.
In a four-year period, he had eighteen songs in the top 20 charts in France, Canada, Australia, Italy and Hong Kong.
Besides his songwriting career, he released his first solo album, Amore Eterno, in December 2007 on Peermusic/Warner Music France. Most songs are in Italian, and some in French, Spanish and Russian.
- "Io so che tu"
- "Un italien à Paris" (an Italian and French cover version of Sting's "Englishman in New York")
- "AVere Te"
- "Nell'amore immerso"
- "Tu ed io"
- "Vivo solo per te"
- "Stare senza te" (duet with the Russian singer Yelena Neva)
- "Danza del Corazon" (in Spanish, co-written by Antón García Abril)
- "La cosa più bella del mondo"
- "Ogni anima"
- "Un solo destino"
- "Que toi au monde"
- "Amore Eterno"
- "Elle était là"
- Bonus track: "Innamorarsi" (available on the online version of the album)
Singles with other artists
- "Viens jusqu’a moi" by Elodie Frégé and Michal (#8)
- "Écris l'histoire" by Gregory Lemarchal (#2)
- "Italian Love Song" by Tina Arena (#10)
- "Restons Amis" by Gregory Lemarchal (#9)
- "De temps en temps" by Gregory Lemarchal (#1)
- "Io so che tu" by Davide Esposito (#20)
Albums with other artists
- Je deviens moi by Gregory Lemarchal (#1)
- Baryton by Florent Pagny (#1)
- Le monde ou je vais by Mario Pelchat (#1)
- Olympia 06 by Gregory Lemarchal (#4)
- Elodie Frégé by Elodie Frégé (#4)
- La voix d’un ange by Gregory Lemarchal (#1)
- La ou je pars by Emmanuel Moire (#8)
- Le tout premier jour by Cindy Daniel (#1)
- Vivre La Vie by Kelly Joyce (#1)
- Star Light by Joey Young (#5)
- Sylvie by Sylvie Vartan (#20)
- Live Olympia by Gregory Lemarchal (#1)
He is now[when?] writing and preparing his second album and co-writing new songs for other artists.