Davie County Schools
|Davie County Schools|
|Type and location|
|Location||Davie County, North Carolina|
|NCES District ID||3701170|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||442.40 (on FTE basis)|
|Staff||461.35 (on FTE basis)|
For the 2010–11 school year, Davie County Schools had a total population of 6,786 students and 442.40 teachers on a (FTE) basis. This produced a student-teacher ratio of 15.34:1 That same year, out of the student total, the gender ratio was 51% male to 49% female. The demographic group makeup was: White, 79%; Hispanic, 11%; Black, 6%; Asian/Pacific Islander, 1%; and American Indian, 0% (two or more races: 3%). For the same school year, 44.89% of the students received free and reduced-cost lunches.
The primary governing body of Davie County Schools follows a council–manager government format with a seven-member Board of Education appointing a Superintendent to run the day-to-day operations of the system. Prior to July, 2012, the school board only consisted of six members. The school system currently resides in the North Carolina State Board of Education's Seventh District.
Board of Education
The seven members of the Board of Education generally meet on the first Tuesday of each month. The current members of the board are: Barbara Owens (Chair), Chad Fuller (Vice Chair), Carol Livengood, Steve Ridenhour, Paul Drechsler, Wendy Horne, and Clint Junker.
Davie County Schools has twelve schools ranging from pre-kindergarten to twelfth grade. Those twelve schools are separated into three high schools, three middle schools, and six elementary schools.
- Davie County High School (Mocksville)
- Davie County Early College High School (Mocksville)
- Central Davie Academy; alternative school, grades 6–12 (Mocksville)
- North Davie Middle School (Mocksville)
- South Davie Middle School (Mocksville)
- William Ellis Middle School (Advance)
- Cooleemee Elementary School (Cooleemee)
- Cornatzer Elementary School (Mocksville)
- Mocksville Elementary School (Mocksville)
- Pinebrook Elementary School (Mocksville)
- Shady Grove Elementary School (Advance)
- William R Davie Elementary School (Mocksville)
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Davie County Schools". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "Percentage of Students in Each Demographic Group". North Carolina’s School Report Cards. NC Department of Public Instruction. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "2010–2011" (XLS). Free & Reduced Meals Application Data. NC Department of Public Instruction. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "Board of Education". Davie County Schools. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- "Education Districts". NC State Board of Education. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- Borlik, Joe (May 12, 2011). "Davie County Schools Selects New Superintendent". MyFox8. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- "Davie County Schools". North Carolina's School Report Cards. NC Department of Public Instruction. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- "Blue Ribbon Schools 1982–2002" (PDF). US Department of Education. Retrieved January 13, 2013.