Daviess County High School
|Daviess County High School|
|4255 New Hartford Road
Owensboro, KY, 42303
|School district||Daviess County Public Schools|
|Number of students||2876|
|Colour(s)||Primary - Scarlet Red and White, Secondary - Black|
|Athletics||football, basketball, baseball, softball, track & field, cross country, volleyball, wrestling, tennis, golf, cheerleading, swimming, marching band, and soccer|
Daviess County High School is a school in Owensboro, Kentucky. It is one of the largest schools in the area with roughly 1750 students. It is part of the Daviess County Public Schools system. Its sister school is Apollo High School which is also its biggest rival in sports and academics. The Big Red Machine (BRM) is the student newspaper, and is published bi-weekly. Daviess County Middle School and College View Middle School feed into Daviess County High School.
- Wendell Ford, former Governor of Kentucky and U.S. Senator.
- Darrell Waltrip, three time NASCAR Sprint Cup (then Winston) champion.
- Wayne Chapman, former professional American Basketball Association player.
- Tyrone Hopson, former NFL lineman for San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions.
- Lisa Devillez Carter, former Miss Kentucky USA 1980. Miss USA 4th runner up 1980.
- Kristina Chapman Rose, former Miss Kentucky USA 1982. Miss USA 4th runner up 1982.
- Jeremy Mayfield, former NASCAR driver
- Barton D. Darrell, Kentucky Bar Association "Young Lawyer of the Year" (1994)..."Fellow" in the American College of Trial Lawyers (2010)..Vice-President of Kentucky Wesleyan College
|This Kentucky school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|