11 November 1977
|Other names||Davinia Murphy|
Dave Gardner (2003-2010)children = Grey Gardner & Jackson
Davinia Taylor (born Davinia Murphy on 11 November 1977 in Wigan) is an English actress and socialite.
Taylor attended Rossall School, Bolton School and then Winstanley Sixth Form College from 1994, studying theatre and Performing arts A Levels. She left before finishing her course to work as a model. She then joined the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks, playing party girl Jude Cunningham from 1996–1998. In 2006, The Sunday Mirror reported that Taylor was returning to the cast of Hollyoaks, but she has since withdrawn from the opportunity due to "personal problems".
The original Hollyoaks part led to roles in the television movies Bostock's Cup, Is Harry on the Boat?, the comedic film, Soul Patrol, as well as a spot on an episode of Urban Gothic, presenting work on The Big Breakfast and Top of the Pops @ Play and an appearance in the documentary series Young, Hot and Talented for Channel 5. She appeared in Maxim magazine in February 2003, and has been named in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World" list in 1996 (56), 1997 (97), and 1998 (86).
Opened her own hair and beauty salon 'Taylor Made' in London in March 2011.
Taylor married football agent Dave Gardner in July, 2003. David Beckham was best man, while Taylor's bridesmaid was Jenny Frost of Atomic Kitten. Sister Sledge performed at the reception, and Gardner gave his new bride gifts that included a £40,000 engagement ring and a £89,000 Mercedes-Benz. They separated for a third time in 2005, but soon got back together.
Since giving up acting around the same time as her marriage in 2003, Taylor has become frequently been featured in the British tabloid press, as part of the Primrose Hill set with Sadie Frost (actress and ex-wife of Jude Law), and supermodel Kate Moss. Moss's boyfriend Pete Doherty was photographed smoking cocaine on Taylor's father's yacht in Summer 2005.[dead link] In September 2005, Taylor booked into rehab suffering from "acute depression", after tabloids reported that Taylor had slept with Frost's boyfriend Barry Smith.
After the couple had IVF treatment, Taylor gave birth to a son named Grey on 25 June 2007 at London's Portland Hospital. She and Gardner divorced in 2010, with Gardner gaining custody over their son. Shortly afterwards, Taylor gave an interview in which she talked about her problems with alcohol addiction and bi-polar disorder. She gave birth on 1 June 2011 to her second child Jackson, the father remains unnamed but Taylor say they have been friends for years and are not in a relationship.
- "College Days". The Guardian (London). 15 October 2002. Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- Fowler, Alice (31 October 1998). "Daddy's Precious Girl". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 20 November 2010.
- Long, Camilla (8 June 2008). "Davinia Taylor: Secrets of the Primrose Hill Set". The Sunday Times (London). Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- "Internet Movie Database: Davinia Taylor". Retrieved 30 March 2006.
- "DigitalSpy: Davinia Taylor returning to Hollyoaks?". Retrieved 30 March 2006.
- Excite UK - EntertainMe
- "Maxim Magazine Cover Girls: Davinia Taylor". Retrieved 30 March 2006.
- "The Goss - Davinia reveals her baby blues". Wigan Evening Post. 25 September 2010. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- Littlejohn, Georgina. "Becks is Best Man at Wedding". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- Daily Gossip - Odd Couple | Glamour
- "The Sunday Mirror: Becks Best Pal In Split From Wife". Retrieved 30 March 2006.
- "Comment". The Daily Telegraph (London).[dead link]
- Devlin, Hannah. The Times (London) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2104-2219424,00.html
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 1 May 2010.[dead link]
- Kate Moss, Sadie Frost and Davin Taylor in bed shannigans!!! - Showbiz - Digital Spy Forums
- Davinia scandals lead to rehab
- "Kate misses daughter's birthday for rehab". Daily Mail (London). 30 September 2005.
- Jessica Satherley (22 September 2010). "'I didn't feel fit to hold my baby': Davinia Taylor on her battle with alcohol addiction". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- MOSS AND BECKS - Mirror.co.uk
- Eden, Richard (5 September 2010). "David Beckham's friend Dave Gardner is in the soup with Davinia Taylor". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- "Davinia Taylor has baby boy". Mirror. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 1 June 2011.