Davis (Amtrak station)
Southern Pacific Railroad Depot in Davis
|Address||840 Second Street
Davis, CA 95616
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Owned by||City of Davis|
|Passengers (FY2012)||445,416 0.51% (Amtrak)|
Southern Pacific Railroad Station
|Location||H and 2nd Sts.,
|Area||0.2 acres (0.08 ha)|
|Architectural style||Mission/Spanish Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||76000541|
|Added to NRHP||November 7, 1976|
The Davisville (now Davis) Railroad Depot was built by the California Pacific Railroad between August 24, 1868, and November 15, 1868, connecting Davis to Washington (now part of West Sacramento) to the east, Vallejo to the southwest, and Marysville to the northeast via a wye at Davis to Woodland, where the line separated to go northwest to Redding via Tehama and northeast to Marysville via a drawbridge at Knights Landing. In 1871 the Cal-P (as it later was called) was taken over by the Central Pacific Railroad; a fire later burned down the 19th century-style station. In 1914 the Central Pacific built a second depot, which was remodeled in 1986. The depot was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Of the 74 California stations served by Amtrak, Davis was the seventh-busiest in FY2012, boarding or detraining an average of about 1220 passengers daily.
Platforms and tracks
|Northbound||■California Zephyr||toward Chicago (Sacramento)|
|■Capitol Corridor||toward Auburn (Sacramento)|
|■Coast Starlight||toward Seattle (Sacramento)|
|Southbound||■California Zephyr||toward Emeryville (Martinez)|
|■Capitol Corridor||toward San Jose (Suisun/Fairfield)|
|■Coast Starlight||toward Los Angeles (Martinez)|
- Help with baggage during baggage hours
- Enclosed Waiting Area
- Restrooms during station hours
- Payphones during station hours
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2012, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- Yolo County Listings on the National Register of Historic Places (Building #76000541)
- Media related to Davis (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Davis, CA
- Davis Amtrak Station (USA RailGuide -- TrainWeb)
- Davis (DAV)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)