- For the town in Aragatsotn Province, see Davtashen, Aragatsotn.
Davtashen district shown in red
|• Mayor of district||Ruslan Baghdasaryan|
|• Total||6.71 km2 (2.59 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,120 m (3,670 ft)|
|• Density||6,100/km2 (16,000/sq mi)|
Davtashen (Armenian: Դավթաշեն (Davt'ashen); also, Davitashen and Davidashen) is a district of Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. It is located at the northwestern part of the city, on the right bank of Hrazdan River. It is bordered by the Arabkir District from the south and east and the Ajapnyak District from the south and the west. Kotayk Province forms the northern border of the district.
The district is unofficially divided into smaller neighborhoods including the 4 blocks of Davtashen neighborhood and the Huysi Avan neighborhood.
The district is home to the Araks Factory for Commutative Technology.
Davtashen is connected with the rest of Yerevan city through the Davtashen Bridge.
Streets and landmarks
- Yeghvard highway.
- Anastas Mikoyan street.
- Sasna Tsrer street.
- Pirumians street.
- Aghababyan street.
- Holy Martyrs Church, built in 2003.
- Armenfilm studios.
- Armenia TV channel of the PanArmenian Media Group.
- Davtashen District at GEOnet Names Server
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia