||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (May 2012)|
Dawn Sweeney is the President & CEO of the largest trade group for the U.S. restaurant industry, the National Restaurant Association.
Dawn Sweeney was named the President and CEO of the National Restaurant Association in 2007. An accomplished executive with a proactive, nonpartisan approach, she has generated positive reviews from the industry and in Washington.
At the National Restaurant Association, she is leading the organization's mission to help its members "build customer loyalty, rewarding careers and financial success" and "lead America's restaurant industry into a new era of prosperity, prominence and participation, enhancing the quality of life for all we serve". She also serves as the CEO of the National Restaurant Association's Educational Foundation.
Before joining the National Restaurant Association, Sweeney was the president and CEO of AARP Services, the wholly owned taxable subsidiary of AARP, where she was responsible for the launch of AARP Financial, which offers financial planning services and products. She also more than quadrupled revenues for the organization that were used to support AARP's mission.
Before taking the helm at AARP Services, Sweeney was AARP's Group Executive Officer for Membership, where she launched the association's Hispanic membership development initiatives and oversaw AARP The Magazine, which is read by more than 20 million people. Prior to that, she held positions at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association and the International Dairy Foods Association.
Recognition and Service
- National Restaurant Association news release National Restaurant Association news release
- "Dawn Sweeney: A Shot in the Arm for the NRA" Hospitality HR Solutions "Observations" article
- "Restaurant group takes place at table" Politico article
- About Us About the National Restaurant Association
- NRAEF National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- AARP Services, Inc. AARP Services, Inc.
- AARP news release News release on launch of AARP Financial
- CEO Update CEO Update
- NRN article Nation's Restaurant News article
- American Culinary Federation American Culinary Federation
- Save the Children Save the Children
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- IWF International Women's Forum