Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology
Daxing District in Beijing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||10 subdistricts
|District seat||Xingfeng Subdistrict (兴丰街道)|
|• Total||1,012 km2 (391 sq mi)|
|• Density||660/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Daxing District was upgraded from a county to a district with the approval from the State Council on April 30, 2001. Covering an area of 1,012 square kilometres (391 sq mi) with a population of 671,444, Panggezhuang in Daxing is famous for its watermelons.
- Xingfeng Subdistrict (兴丰街道), Linxiao Road Subdistrict (林校路街道), Qingyuan Subdistrict (清源街道), Guanyinsi Subdistrict (观音寺街道), Tiangongyuan Subdistrict (天宫院街道)
- Qingyundian (青云店镇), Caiyu (采育镇), Anding (安定镇), Lixian (礼贤镇), Yufa (榆垡镇), Panggezhuang (庞各庄镇), Beizangcun (北臧村镇), Weishanzhuang (魏善庄镇), Changziying (长子营镇)
Located in the south of Beijing, the area is not as affluent as those that most visitors to Beijing are familiar with, such as Xidan and Guomao. Much of the industry in Daxing is related to distribution of food and consumer goods to service Beijing. There are many self-built communities casually created by the residents themselves, mostly of whom have moved in from the countryside.
There are two major universities located in Daxing District, the Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology and the Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication. Both of them are headquartered in Tsingyuan, and have its branch in Kangzhuang. Tsingyuan and Kangzhuang are planned as a university city in the south of Beijing.
Danxing's Camps by Andrew Malone. August 16, 2008.
- 2000 Census.
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：大兴区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- These are officially classified as townships, but as they coincide with the area of the same name, they are commonly named "areas" (地区)
- "呷哺呷哺餐饮管理有限公司招聘启事" (Archive). Beijing University of Agriculture. 2014-04-23. "我们的联系方式 呷哺呷哺（中国）总部地址：北京市大兴区黄村镇孙村工业开发区海鑫南路15号"