Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Political Repressions
|Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Political Repressions|
|Next time||30 October 2014|
Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Political Repressions (Russian: День памяти жертв политических репрессий), is an annual day of remembrance for victims of political repression in the Soviet Union.
It is commemorated on October 30, since 1991, in former Soviet republics, except for Ukraine, which has its own annual Day of Remembrance for the victims of political repressions by the Soviet regime on the third Sunday of May.
Missing here is the reason why 30.october was picked up for this event. There must be a reason.
Members of the Memorial society take active part in meetings.
Traditional meeting places
- Saint Petersburg
- Courtyard of the former NKVD building
- Perm (Perm Region)
- Perm-36 Kuchino village, Chusovoy district.
- Memorial of the Victims of Political Repressions in Yagoshikha necropol, Perm.
- Memorial of the Victims of Political Repressions
- Samara, Russia
- Gagarin Park
- Постановление Верховного Совета РСФСР от 18.10.91 N 1763/1-I «Об установлении Дня памяти жертв политических репрессий». (The Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR of 18.10.91 N 1763/1-I "On establishing the Day of Remembrance for victims of political repression.")