|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
Daylight Dies, 2008
|Origin||Asheville, North Carolina, United States|
|Genres||Death/Doom, Melodic Death Metal|
|Labels||Candlelight, Relapse, Tribunal|
|Past members||Guthrie Iddings
Daylight Dies was formed in 1996 by Barre Gambling and Jesse Haff. In 1999, the two recorded the band's first demo, The Long Forgotten Demo. In 2000, Guthrie Iddings joined the band as the vocalist and the trio recorded the band's second demo, Idle, which was released through Tribunal Records. In 2001, Egan O'Rourke joined as the bassist and the band recorded a two song demo that was meant for record labels only. In late 2001, they signed with Relapse Records.
In 2002, Daylight Dies released their debut studio album, No Reply. Afterwards the band toured Europe with Katatonia and the United States and Canada with Lacuna Coil in support of the album. After the tour, vocalist Guthrie Iddings left the band to pursue a career and was replaced by Nathan Ellis. Charley Shackelford also joined as a second guitarist. In November 2005, Daylight Dies signed with Candlelight Records and released their second studio album, "Dismantling Devotion" in March 2006.
From July 13 to July 14, 2006, Daylight Dies performed as main support for Emperor in New York City. The band premiered their first music video for the song "Lies That Bind" on August 9, 2006. Between October 20 and November 19, 2006 they embarked on their first full North American tour in support of Dismantling Devotion together with Portugal's Moonspell and Sweden's Katatonia.
Daylight Dies entered the studio in December 2007 to begin recording their third album Lost to the Living. Like Dismantling Devotion, the album was mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios. After the album's release in 2008, the band supported it with two North American tours—one with Candlemass and another with Soilwork, Darkane and Swallow the Sun.
The band recorded their fourth full length album in late 2011, entitled A Frail Becoming. The album was again mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios, and will be released by Candlelight Records in 2012.
- Nathan Ellis – harsh vocals (2004–present)
- Barre Gambling – guitars (1996–present), bass (2000)
- Charley Shackelford – guitars (2004–present)
- Egan O'Rourke – bass, clean vocals (2001–present)
- Jesse Haff – drums (1996–present)
- Matthew Golombisky – bass (1999), contrabass (2006, as sessionist), strings/woodwinds (2008, as sessionist)
- Guthrie Iddings – harsh vocals (2000–2004)
- Johnny Wooten – harsh vocals (1999)
- Robert Daugherty – live guitars (2003)
- No Reply (2002, Relapse)
- Dismantling Devotion (2006, Candlelight)
- Lost to the Living (2008, Candlelight)
- A Frail Becoming (2012, Candlelight)
- The Long Forgotten (1999, Self-released/Independent)
- Jesse Haff – drums
- Barre Gambling – guitars
- Matthew Golombisky – bass
- Johnny Wooten – harsh vocals
- Idle (2000, Tribunal Records)
- Barre Gambling – guitars, bass
- Jesse Haff – drums
- Guthrie Iddings – harsh vocals