|Type||For-profit Educational Institution|
|Location||Owensboro, Kentucky, USA|
Daymar College is a for-profit, post-secondary school based in Owensboro, Kentucky, USA. Founded in 1963 and operated as Owensboro Business College until 2001, Daymar College offers more than 35 career tracks in 22 different academic programs. Daymar College is a senior college accredited by the nationally recognized Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award certificates, diplomas, associate degrees and bachelor degrees. Daymar College is Title IV Eligible under the Higher Education Act.
Daymar College opened its doors as Owensboro Business College in 1963, with a focus on general business studies. In 2001, Owensboro Junior College of Business changed its name to Daymar College. The name change accompanied the opening of additional locations outside of Owensboro. The Louisville campus was then opened to students in October 2001.
In 1970, Daymar College obtained national accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of the Association of Independent Colleges and Schools, and is supported by accreditations from the state level.
In June 1999, Daymar College outgrew its old building and moved into a free-standing, one-story structure built for the growth of Daymar College students. Located on 6.4 acres (26,000 m2) of land in the Heritage Park Development of Owensboro, Kentucky, the facility comprises 17,000 square feet (1,600 m2) of space.
By 2000, Daymar College was chosen as a Microsoft Authorized Academic Training Program (AATP) member, and became a Prometric Testing Center and a Microsoft Office Specialist test site.
Mission and Purpose
“We change lives… One Person at a Time”
Daymar College’s vision is, “…to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the careers they need, to have the lives they want. Through its purpose, Daymar College strives to accomplish the following goals:
- To provide education and training to students on a group and individualized basis, helping students realize their full potential in specialized business knowledge and skills.
- To help students reach a level of social maturity that will be respected in the community as well as in the business world.
- To help graduates in securing meaningful and satisfying entry-level employment through career and job placement assistance services.
The primary campus of Daymar College is located in Owensboro, Kentucky. In 2001 Daymar opened a branch campus in Louisville, Kentucky, and in 2008 an Online Campus was created for distance learners. Today,
Daymar College maintains campuses in both Kentucky and Ohio:
Daymar College – Bellevue: 119 Fairfield Avenue, Bellevue, KY, 41073
Daymar College – Bowling Green: 2421 Fitzgerald Industrial Drive, Bowling Green, KY, 42101
Daymar College – Clinton: 1171 Hwy. 51 South, Clinton, KY, 42031
Daymar College – Madisonville: 1105 National Mine Dr., Madisonville, KY, 42431
Daymar College – Louisville: 4112 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, KY, 40219
Daymar College – Owensboro: 3361 Buckland Square, Owensboro, KY, 42301
Daymar College – Paducah: 509 S. 30th Street, Paducah, KY, 42001
Daymar College – Russellville: 160 Shelton Lane, Russellville, KY, 42276
Daymar College – Scottsville: 1138 Old Gallatin Road, Scottsville, KY, 42164
Daymar College – Chillicothe: 1410 Industrial Drive, Chillicothe, OH, 45601
Daymar College – Jackson: 980 East Main Street, Jackson, OH, 45640
Daymar College – Lancaster: 1579 Victor Road, Lancaster, OH, 43130
Daymar College – New Boston: 3879 Rhodes Avenue, New Boston, OH, 45662
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Cardiographic Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Graphic Design
- Health Information Technology
- Health Insurance Specialist
- Human Resource Management
- Medical Assisting – Administrative Track
- Medical Assisting – Clinical Track
- Medical Massage Therapy
- Network Support Administration
- Paralegal Studies
- Personal Fitness Training
- Pharmacy Technology
- Website Design
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration
Daymar College campuses are overseen by their corporate parent entity Daymar Colleges Group. Daymar Colleges Group is a private, for-profit company owned by brothers Mark and Damien Gabis. The enterprise also owns Daymar Institute in Tennessee.
In 2011, Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway filed suit in Daviess County against the owners and operators of Daymar College, charging that the college violated Kentucky's Consumer Protection Act. Currently, the case is ongoing and has been remanded to the Daviess Circuit Court.
- "Attorney General Conway Files Suit against Daymar College". Kentucky.gov. 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Commonwealth of Kentucky v. Daymar Learning, Inc et al". justia.com. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2013-03-05.