Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program
|Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program|
|Awarded for||Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program|
|Presented by||Academy of Television Arts & Sciences|
|Currently held by||The People's Court
The Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program is a category of the Daytime Emmy Awards dedicated to the court show genre. It was first introduced in 2008. Previously, court shows were grouped miscellaneously in the talk show category.
In its first season, Cristina's Court became the first winner in this category in 2008 and to date, the only court show to win more than once. Last Shot with Judge Gunn won the award in 2012, only one season into its run. Last Shot is the first nontraditional courtroom series to receive the award. In 2013, Judge Judy won the award for the first time, making the show the first long-running, highly rated court show to win an Emmy.
- Gaulin, Paul (June 21, 2008). "Daytime Emmys 2008: Emmy Winners". Yahoo! Voices. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- "The National Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences Announces The 36th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy® Award Nominations". May 14, 2009. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- "Winners at 36th annual Daytime Emmy Awards". Toronto Star. Star Media Group. August 31, 2009. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- Leigh Miller, Victoria (June 28, 2010). "2010 Daytime Emmy Awards:The Highlights and List of Winners". Yahoo!. Yahoo, Inc. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Daytime Emmys 2011: Full list of nominees". OnTheRedCarpet. KABC-TV. May 11, 2011. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Daytime Emmy Awards 2012: The Winners List". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. June 23, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Daytime Emmy Award - 2013 nominations". May 1, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013.