Liggins warming up before an exhibition game against the Dominican Republic National Team in 2011
|No. 14 – Sioux Falls Skyforce|
March 31, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||209 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Findley Prep (Henderson, Nevada)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 53rd overall|
|Selected by the Orlando Magic|
|Pro playing career||2011–present|
|2012–2013||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|2012–2013||→Tulsa 66ers (D-League)|
|2013–present||Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)|
|2014||→Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Liggins played three years at the University of Kentucky. He spent his first two years mostly coming off the bench, but in his junior year, coach John Calipari decided to start him. After his junior season, he elected to enter the 2011 NBA Draft.
Liggins was selected with the 53rd overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Orlando Magic. Liggins made his NBA debut for Orlando in a road game against the Milwaukee Bucks where he recorded three points and two rebounds in 10 minutes on the court.
On September 12, 2012, Liggins signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder. During the 2012–13 season, he had multiple assignments with the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA D-League. On January 13, 2013, Liggins started his first NBA game for the Thunder against the Portland Trail Blazers in Portland. He recorded 11 points and nine rebounds as the Thunder defeated the Trail Blazers, 87-83.
On September 6, 2013, Liggins was waived by the Thunder. In November 2013, he was acquired by the Sioux Falls Skyforce. On February 3, 2014, Liggins was named to the Futures All-Star roster for the 2014 NBA D-League All-Star Game.
On February 25, 2014, Liggins signed a 10-day contract with the Miami Heat. On March 8, 2014, he signed a second 10-day contract with the Heat. On March 9, 2014, he was assigned to the Sioux Falls Skyforce. He was recalled the next day. On March 14, 2014, he was waived by the Heat. He managed only one game for the Heat, recording 2 points and 1 rebound. On March 18, 2014, he was re-acquired by the Skyforce. He earned the 2014 D-League Defensive Player of the Year.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "DeAndre Liggins Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "DeAndre Liggins Makes NBA Debut for Orlando Magic". orlandopinstripedpost.com. SB Nation. February 20, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- OKC Thunder sign DeAndre Liggins and Andy Rautins
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- Thunder Waives DeAndre Liggins
- Eighth Annual NBA D-League All-Star Game Features 16 Players With NBA Experience
- HEAT Signs DeAndre Liggins
- HEAT Signs DeAndre Liggins
- DeAndre Liggins to Join Skyforce
- HEAT Signs Justin Hamilton
- DeAndre Liggins Returns to Skyforce
- "DeAndre Liggins Named 2014 NBA D-League Defensive Player of the Year". NBA. 2014-04-21. Retrieved 2014-04-22.