DeAnna Pappas on a USO tour in 2009
|Born||DeAnna Marie Pappas
November 20, 1981
|Spouse(s)||Stephen Stagliano (m. 2011)|
DeAnna Marie Stagliano (born DeAnna Marie Pappas; November 20, 1981) is a TV personality best known for her participation in season 11 of the ABC reality television show The Bachelor, and season 4 of The Bachelorette.
Pappas, of Greek heritage, who is the middle of three children, was born in Marietta, Georgia, and shortly thereafter moved to Kentucky with her mother and siblings. When she was twelve years old, her mother died of cancer and she relocated with her brother, Thomas, and sister, Chrissy, to Newnan, Georgia, to live with her father. She is a one-time resident of Nashville, Tennessee.
After high school she attended Georgia Military College and received a degree in General Studies. From there, Pappas attended the Gaddy's School where she earned her real estate license. She practiced real estate at Keller Williams Realty Connections in Newnan, Georgia.
In 2007, Pappas decided to audition for The Bachelor, a reality television dating game show on ABC Television. She made it to the final rose ceremony, where bachelor Brad Womack rejected both women. He was chastised by Ellen DeGeneres, who later retracted her statement. ABC Television then tapped Pappas to star in The Bachelorette. The news was broken to her by Ellen DeGeneres while she was a guest on DeGeneres' daytime talk show.
In the 2008 season of The Bachelorette, Pappas eventually rejected single dad Jason Mesnick and accepted the marriage proposal of professional snowboarder Jesse Csincsak. Their relationship lasted a few months before the engagement was called off. Mesnick went on to become The Bachelor in 2009.
In late 2011, DeAnna was on the show Bachelorette Party on the Oxygen channel. Her episode was called "Big Fat Greek Bachelorette Party". The show revolves around her, her friends and family celebrating DeAnna's bachelorette party in Las Vegas, NV at the Palm's Hotel and Casino, as well as other popular Vegas attractions.
On August 27, 2013, it was announced that she and her husband Stephen Stagliano were expecting their first child, due in February. On September 14, 2013, the couple revealed that they were expecting a baby girl. On February 6, 2014, the couple welcomed a baby girl named, Addison Marie Stagliano.
In January 2007, Pappas visited American troops in Kuwait as part of a USO visit. She was joined by actress Christine Lakin and Miss USA 2009 Rachel Smith. She also visited Afghanistan in 2009, including remote camps such as FOB Dwyer.
- Reality TV World
- "Ellen apologizes to 'Bachelor' Brad Womack", MSNBC
- "DeAnna told by Ellen she's the next Bachelorette", Ellen press release, March 2008
- "Jason Mesnick is the new Bachelor" USA Today
- "Meet Jason Mesnick Bachelor Dad", People Magazine
- Fox Reality Channel's "Golden Realtini"
- http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/get-married Lifetime TV Listing for Get Married
- "Pappas Still Planning To Get Married", Atlanta Journal Constitution
- "Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas Is Engaged!". UsMagazine.com.
- "‘Bachelorette’ Star DeAnna Pappas Stagliano Is Pregnant". ABC News. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "DeAnna Pappas Visits the Troops in Kuwait". Gossip Girls. 2009-01-13. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- Other Releases
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DeAnna Pappas.|