DeBakey High School for Health Professions at Qatar
|Michael E. DeBakey High School for Health Professions|
|Motto||"An Outstanding American High School"|
|Director||Linda Mabrie Oliver|
|Gender||Boys & Girls|
Michael E. DeBakey High School for Health Professions at Qatar (DHSHP@Q in short) is a private international middle and secondary school in Doha, Qatar. The school is a branch campus of Michael E. DeBakey High School for Health Professions of Houston, Texas, United States. Charlesetta Deason is the CEO and President.
Named after Michael E. DeBakey, the school opened in September 2008 with grades 8 through 10 with 100 students per grade; the school will ultimately cover grades 7-12. The school's structure has the 8th Grade Academy to prepare students for the high school levels. The curriculum will be based on United States school coursework with Advanced Placement classes. The school's classes will be taught in the English language. Students will pay tuition; vouchers will accommodate low income students. The Houston Chronicle stated that the school will likely draw Qataris and American expatriates.
The school is located in Messeila, close to the Hamad Medical Center.
- "New DeBakey High School for Health Professions to Open in Qatar." Houston Independent School District. May 27, 2008. Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- Mellon, Ericka. "DeBakey principal taking school's premise abroad." Houston Chronicle. Wednesday May 28, 2008. Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- DeBakey High School for Health Professions at Qatar
- DeBakey High School for Health Professions at Qatar (Archive)
- Two International Schools to Open Branches in Qatar
- Foster, Robin. "Principal brings Qatar experience to her role." Houston Chronicle. Wednesday August 24, 2011.
- "Preparing students for careers in medicine." Gulf Times. Tuesday May 6, 2008.
|This Qatar school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|