|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Heather Ryan|
|Succeeded by||Angela Dorian|
|Born||April 15, 1947 (age 67)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
|Weight||98 lb (44 kg; 7.0 st)|
Lind's photographer friend, Leon, talked her into testing for Playboy. At 19, she was selected to be the Playboy Playmate for August 1967. The photography was done by Mario Casilli. The accompanying article made no mention of Lind's marriage or existing offspring. Lind received more fan mail than any other Playboy Playmate in history.
Her color likeness traveled to space.  The November 1969 Playboy calendar photo of Lind was on Apollo XII. The ground crew for the mission stashed the photo, which they labeled
MAP OF A HEAVENLY BODY inside a locker aboard the command module Yankee Clipper. Astronaut Richard Gordon, the commander of the Yankee Clipper, put the photo up for auction in 2011 for a minimum bid of $1000.
Lind appeared in the December 1979 issue of Playmates Forever and, in the early 1980s, in the first "Playmate Playoffs" special issue. Her video appearances for Playboy included Race Horses and a frontal-nudity appearance on a sailing yacht. She was also the subject for "Playmates Revisted" in the March 1996 issue.
- Playboy: 50 Years of Playmates (2004) (V)
- Playboy: The Party Continues (2000) (TV)
- Video Centerfold: Sherry Arnett (1985) (V)
- Playboy After Dark (First Episode) (1968) (TV)
- "Playmate data". Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- Joan Acocella (March 20, 2006). "The Girls Next Door". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- The Thought Experiment, The Thought Experiment, accessed 4 January 2011
- Auction May Hold Piece Of Final Frontier For Space Buffs, www.space-travel.com, 4 January 2011
- "Playmate News". Playboy (Playboy Inc.) 56: 166–167. December 2009.
- "Official Website of Playboy Playmate DeDe Lind". Retrieved 2006-10-27.
- DeDe Lind at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with DeDe Lind
- "Delicate DeDe". GlamourCon.com. Retrieved 2006-11-06.
- "Official MySpace Page of DeDe Lind".