|No. 20 – Red Star Telekom Belgrade|
November 2, 1985 |
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Vallejo (Vallejo, California)
Sheldon (Sacramento, California)
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2008–present|
|2008–2009||Golden State Warriors|
|2012–present||Red Star Belgrade|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
DeMarcus De'Juan Nelson (born November 2, 1985) is an American professional basketball player playing for Red Star Belgrade of the Adriatic League. He is a combo guard who has also played for the Golden State Warriors of the NBA.
Nelson was not drafted in the 2008 NBA Draft, but he was signed by the Golden State Warriors on September 9, 2008. He became the first undrafted rookie to start on opening night in the history of the NBA. On November 14, 2008, he and teammate Richard Hendrix were assigned to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA D-League. He was recalled by the Warriors on December 16, 2008, but he was waived on January 6, 2009 to make room for Jermareo Davidson. Nelson joined the Croatian Adriatic League club KK Zagreb in January 2009, but only played a single game. In March 2009, Nelson returned to the NBA D-League as a member of the Austin Toros. On April 9, 2009 Nelson was called up by the Chicago Bulls. He was waived on July 30, 2009.
In September 2012, he signed a one-year contract with the Serbian team Red Star Belgrade. In June 2013 he re-signed with them for one more season, with an option for a second year. He become the first foreign player to stay at the club for two seasons.
In november 2013, he was named Euroleague MVP for Round 4.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Awards and accomplishments
- 2003 All State Quarterback, California
- 2004 California Mr. Basketball
- California High School Scoring Leader (3,462 Points)
- 2004 McDonalds All-American
- 2004–05 ACC All-Freshman Team
- 2007 Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association All-ACC Honorable Mention
- 2008 ACC Defensive Player of the Year
- 2008 All-ACC First Team
- 2013 Radivoj Korać Cup MVP
DeMarcus attended high school at Vallejo High School in Vallejo, California and Sheldon High School in Sacramento, California. His Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years were at Vallejo and his Senior year was at Sheldon.
- "DeMarcus Nelson". GoDuke.com. Retrieved 2007-02-15.
- "DeMarcus Nelson". 2012-09-11.
- "Warriors sign three free agents". nba.com/warriors. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "Warriors cut G Nelson, sign F Jermareo Davidson". USA Today. 2009-01-05. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Zagreb Lands DeMarcus Nelson.
- Avellino announced DeMarcus Nelson
- http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/article_454ce16e-825b-11df-ace1-001cc4c002e0.html Opinions varied on NBA draft selections
- BC Donetsk inks Kovalenko, Nelson
- Carchia, Emiliano. "Cholet announces DeMarcus Nelson". Sportando. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Red Star adds DeMarcus Nelson". Sportando. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "DeMarcus Nelson agreed on a contract extension with Red Star". Sportando.net. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "DeMarcus Nelson". Retrieved 2007-02-15.
- "McRoberts, Nelson and Scheyer Receive All-ACC Recognition". GoDuke.com. 2007-03-05. Retrieved 2007-03-07.
- Duke's DeMarcus Nelson Tabbed ACC Defensive Player of the Year :: Senior is considered one of the league's best lockdown defenders.
- NBA.com Player Profile
- Euroleague.net Profile
- NBA D-League Player Profile
- Draftexpress.com Player Profile
- Duke University Player Biography
- Adriatic League Profile