DeMarcus Van Dyke
At a game in Denver in September, 2011.
No. 40 Kansas City Chiefs
|Date of birth:January 17, 1989|
|Place of birth: Miami, Florida|
|High school: Miami Gardens (FL) Pace|
|College: Miami (FL)|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 81|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Oakland Raiders|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
DeMarcus Van Dyke (born January 17, 1989) is an American football cornerback who currently plays for the Kansas City Chiefs. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the 3rd round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of Miami.
As a defensive back in his junior season Van Dyke had 12 passes broken up, four interceptions and returned two kickoffs and four punts for touchdowns, he played receiver very little his junior year but he recorded eight receptions for 197 yards.
In his senior season in 2006 he recorded 56 tackles and seven interceptions (one returned for a touchdown), also as a senior he played receiver a lot more and caught 21 passes for 417 yards. As a senior he only had 12 total kick returns since teams often chose to kick away from him.
As a freshman at the University of Miami, Van Dyke started the season opener, and on the season he recorded 13 tackles (12 solo and 1 assisted.), 1 pass deflection, and he played in 12 games and started 8 games. As a sophomore, he changed his jersey number from 30 to 8.
NFL Scouting Combine
Van Dyke ran a 4.28 40-yard dash at the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine, which tied for the fourth-fastest time (which has since become the fifth-fastest) at the combine since electronic timing began in 1999.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in||176 lb||31 3⁄8 in||9 in||4.25 s||1.47 s||2.50 s||4.09 s||6.97 s||33 1⁄2 in||10 ft 1 in||5 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Van Dyke was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the 3rd round 81st overall of the 2011 NFL draft. As a rookie, he was used sparingly, contributing 10 tackles and one interception on a porous defense which ended the season 29th among 32 teams in points allowed.
Van Dyke was released on September 3, 2012.
Van Dyke was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 7, 2012. On August 25, 2013, he was waived/injured by the Steelers. On August 27, 2013, he cleared waivers and was placed on the Steelers' injured reserve list. On August 31, 2013, he was waived with an injury settlement.
Kansas City Chiefs
- NFL Combine Profile
- Florio, Mike (September 3, 2012). "Raiders pulling plug on 2011 third-round pick".
- "Steelers Make Roster Moves; Trim Roster to 75". Steelers.com. August 25, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- Bryan, Dave (August 31, 2013). "Steelers Waive CB DeMarcus Van Dyke From Injured Reserve with a Settlement". SteelersDepot.com. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- Thorman, Joel (January 12, 2014). "Former Jets RB Joe McKnight among 7 players signed by Kansas City Chiefs". ArrowHeadPride.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- David Van Dyke - TSU Tigers
- Chiefs’ cornerback cousins compete for same job
- Chiefs’ cornerback cousins DeMarcus and David Van Dyke compete for same job
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Oakland Raiders bio
- Miami Hurricanes bio