DePauw University, a small liberal arts college located in Greencastle, Indiana, bears the distinction of having an unusually high membership rate in Greek fraternities and sororities, rating consistently above 70% in recent years. DePauw was ranked first in the U.S. for its fraternity and sorority scene in the 2006 and 2007 editions of the The Princeton Review's The Best 361 Colleges. The following is a listing of all Greek chapters to have existed at DePauw over the years:
- Alpha Phi Alpha - ΑΦΑ Founded 2005.
- Alpha Tau Omega - ΑΤΩ, ATOs, founded at DePauw in 1924.
- Beta Theta Pi - ΒΘΠ, Betas, founded at DePauw in 1845.
- Delta Tau Delta - ΔΤΔ, Delts, founded at DePauw in 1882.
- Delta Chi - ΔΧ, D-Chis, founded at DePauw in 1892.
- Delta Upsilon - ΔΥ, DUs, founded at DePauw in 1887.
- Kappa Alpha Psi - ΚΑΨ, Kappas or Nupes, founded at DePauw in 1990.
- Phi Beta Sigma - ΦBΣ, Sigmas.
- Phi Delta Theta - ΦΔΘ, Phi Delts, founded at DePauw in 1868.
- Phi Gamma Delta - FIJI, FIJIs, founded at DePauw in 1856. Currently the oldest active chapter of its fraternity.
- Phi Kappa Psi - ΦΚΨ, Phi Psis, founded at DePauw in 1865.
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon - ΣΑΕ, SAEs, founded at DePauw in 1949.
- Sigma Chi - ΣΧ, Sigs, founded at DePauw in 1859.
- Sigma Nu - ΣΝ, Sig Nus or Snus, founded at DePauw in 1890.
Specialized Greek-letter organizations
- ^ "DePauw Makes Strong Showing in The Best 361 Colleges: 2006 Edition". DePauw University News. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- ^ "DePauw Rates Highly in 2007 Guide to The Best 361 Colleges". DePauw University News. Retrieved 2007-05-21.