|Date of birth:October 9, 1983|
|Place of birth: Cincinnati, Ohio|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 7 / Pick: 228|
|Debuted in 2007 for the Green Bay Packers|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2010
|Stats at CFL.ca|
DeShawn Wynn (born October 9, 1983) is an American professional football running back who is currently a free agent. He most recently played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He played college football for the University of Florida, and was a member of a national championship team. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL) in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft, and has also played for the New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers of the NFL.
Wynn was born in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1983. He attended Reading High School in Reading, Ohio, where he played high school football for the Reading Blue Devils. As a senior in 2001, he was regarded as one of the nation's elite high school backs in the nation, with 2,283 yards on 246 carries with thirty touchdowns. Wynn rushed for 2,000 or more yards three of four years, and also played linebacker and safety. He was recognized as a Parade magazine high school All-American in 2002.
Wynn received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Ron Zook and coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football teams from 2003 to 2006. He was the Gators' starting running back in their 41–14 victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes in the 2007 BCS National Championship Game. Wynn finished his four-year college career with 2,077 rushing yards, 376 receiving yards and twenty-five touchdowns.
Green Bay Packers
Wynn scored his first two career touchdowns against the New York Giants in Week 2 of the NFL season. He also scored a touchdown in back to back weeks versus the Chicago Bears and the Washington Redskins.
On October 29, 2007 against the Denver Broncos on Monday Night Football, Wynn injured his shoulder on his first rushing play of the game. The next day Wynn was put on injured reserve and missed the rest of the season. He finished the season with 203 rushing yards on 50 attempts and four touchdowns.
On August 25, 2008, Wynn was released by the Packers. He was re-signed to the Packers practice squad on August 31. He remained there until October 11, when he was signed to the active roster after running back Kregg Lumpkin was placed on injured reserve. He finished the season playing in five games rushing for 110 yards on eight attempts, with 73 of those yards coming on a week 17 touchdown run against the Detroit Lions.
New Orleans Saints
Wynn signed with the New Orleans Saints on August 23, 2010. He was released on September 22. He was re-signed to the practice squad the next day and signed to the active roster again on October 2. He was waived again on October 12.
San Francisco 49ers
On November 5, 2010 Wynn was signed by the San Francisco 49ers to their practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster a few weeks later after Frank Gore was placed on Injured Reserve with a broken hip. On December 27, 2010, Wynn was waived by the 49ers.
New Orleans Saints
Wynn was re-signed by the New Orleans Saints on January 3, 2011.
- 2006 Florida Gators football team
- Florida Gators
- List of Florida Gators football players
- List of Green Bay Packers players
- List of New Orleans Saints players
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, DeShawn Wynn. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2006 Roster, DeShawn Wynn. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 75, 81, 138, 140, 148, 152, 171, 186 (2011). Retrieved September 1, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 2007 National Football League Draft. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- National Football League, Current Players, DeShawn Wynn. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Todd Korth, "Robinson placed on active roster; Wynn on IR," Scout.com (October 30, 2007). Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Riders add Harper and Wynn to offence
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- DeShawn Wynn – Florida Gators player profile
- DeShawn Wynn – New Orleans Saints player profile
- DeShawn Wynn – Saskatchewan Roughriders player profile