||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2013)|
|Founded||1993 (New York, New York)|
|Services||Strategic/brand leadership, creative services, media planning/buying, production broadcast and print, digital, research, public relations, direct marketing, online/wireless, sales promotion and design/collateral development.|
Number of employees
DeVito/Verdi is a US advertising agency based in New York City, founded in 1991 by partners Sal DeVito and Ellis Verdi. The agency serves clients across the United States in cities such as Denver, Boston, Miami, Grand Rapids, St. Louis, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The firm formed a public relations division in 2006. DeVito/Verdi also opened a West Coast office in San Diego in 2011.
The agency was opened in 1989 as Follis & Verdi by Mr. Verdi and John Follis, partner and creative director. In 1991, Mr. DeVito joined as a second partner and creative director and the agency was renamed Follis DeVito Verdi. When Mr. Follis left in July 1993, citing philosophical differences, to open his own New York agency, now known as Follis Advertising, Follis DeVito Verdi became DeVito/Verdi.
The agency is media-agnostic and develops plans involving all agency disciplines.
Awards and honors
In ‘93, Follis/DeVito/Verdi won 9 ADDY Awards making it the second most awarded agency in New York.
DeVito/Verdi has been named "Best Mid/Small Size Agency in the US for General Excellence" six times by the American Association of Advertising Agencies over the past ten years. Twice it has won the grand prize at the Radio Mercury Awards for their radio ad for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association., and it has won the top award at both the Cannes and Clio awards ceremonies.
The ad agency was recognized by the 2006 International ANDY Awards, the Healthcare Advertising Awards and The Outdoor Advertising Association of America competitions for its work for Mount Sinai Hospital.
DeVito/Verdi's campaign for Mount Sinai took home the highest honors at the 23rd Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards on Tuesday night. The campaign was awarded top prize in the Large Hospitals Group for three different categories: Magazine, Billboard and Radio. The agency was a two-time winner at the prestigious ANDY Awards for its out-of-home advertising, and for its entire print campaign to promote the hospital's services and stellar qualifications.
Daffy's 'DeVito/Verdi created a series of ads that told New Yorkers they'd be crazy to pay too much for clothes. One ad showed a picture of a straitjacket: "If you're paying over $100 for a dress shirt," the headline read, "may we suggest a jacket to go with it?"
New York Magazine DeVito/Verdi's campaign for New York Magazine billed it as "Possibly the only good thing in New York Rudy hasn't taken credit for."
New York Resident Magazine "In an age when ever-greater value is placed on the science of advertising, Devito/Verdi has remained committed to smart slogans and crisp concepts. With fiendishly clever phrases, highly evocative images and a high-impact sensibility, Devito/Verdi keeps to classic standards retains a classic comic sensibility in what has otherwise become a more uniformed world of glitzy show-and-tell." 
Time Out Magazine One of DeVito/Verdi's advertisement for Time Out Magazine read "Our magazine is a lot like the average New Yorker, I'll tell you where you can go and what you can do with yourself."
DeVito/Verdi has worked for such clients as Meijer, The National Association of Broadcasters, Sony, Canon, BMW, Circuit City, Daffy's, Esquire Magazine, TimeOut Magazine, Grey Goose Vodka, SteinMart, Reebok, Massachusetts General Hospital, Hotwire.com, Office Depot, Legal Sea Foods, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Pepsi/SOBE, Corazon Tequila, Empire Kosher Chicken, Acura, CarMax, Sports Authority and others.
- Abington Memorial Hospital
- Appleton Rum
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Circuit City
- Duane Reade
- Ernesto Cigars
- Grey Goose Vodka
- Legal Sea Foods
- Linens 'n Things
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Men's Wearhouse
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- MW Tux
- North Shore LIJ
- Office Depot
- People Magazine
- Sports Authority
- Elliott, Stuart (18 July 2001). "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING; DeVito/Verdi, on its 10th anniversary, makes some changes". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- BRYANT, ADAM (March 17, 1993). "Awards Presented At 2 Ceremonies". The New York Times. p. 19.
- Reuters (through Business Wire), "DeVito/Verdi Racks Up 'Best of the Best' Silver Award", 20 February 2008, retrieved 9 June 2008
- Business Network, "DeVito/Verdi Breaks the Latest Winners in Thoroughbred Racing Campaign", 28 May 2008, retrieved 10 June 2008
- Business Wire, "Three Award Shows Honor DeVito/Verdi for Its Mount Sinai Hospital Advertising; Ad Agency Picks...", 27 April 2006, retrieved 16 June 2009
- The brand Wagon, "The Hook, the Line and the Unsinkable Devito/Verdi", Spring 2015
- The One Club, "Stirring Up Trouble, Without Even Trying ", Fall 2004, retrieved 15 June 2009
- DeVito/Verdi website
- DeVito/Verdi blog
- "DeVito/Verdi Takes Duane Reade", Adweek
- "DeVito/Verdi Toasts the New Year with Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum", Reuters
- "DeVito/Verdi Tailor Made for Men's Wearhouse Advertising Account", Adweek
- "DeVito/Verdi Toasts the New Year with Appleton Rum Advertising Account", Adweek
- "Chipotle Hires DeVito/Verdi", Adweek
- "DeVito/Verdi Scores Twice", Adweek
- "Three Award Shows Honor DeVito/Verdi", Business Wire
- "O'Toole Award Winners & Finalists 1991-2007", American Association of Advertising Agencies
- "The Hook The Line and the Unsinkable Devito/Verdi", Resident Magazine
- "World's Largest Pest Control Company names DeVito/Verdi as its North American Advertising Agency", Reuters