|Current owner(s)||Peter Klosse|
|Head chef||Peter Paul van den Breemen (executive chef), Bjorn Massop (head chef)|
|Food type||French, Regional, Biologic|
|Street address||Amersfoortseweg 86|
|City||Hoog Soeren, Apeldoorn|
|Website||Official website (restaurant)|
De Echoput is a restaurant and part of Hotel Gastronomique De Echoput in Hoog Soeren, Apeldoorn in the Netherlands. It is a fine dining restaurant that was awarded one or two Michelin stars in the period 1971-1997, 2002-2004 and in 2012. GaultMillau awarded the restaurant 15.0 out of 20 points.
First owner and head chef was Jaap Klosse, who made full use of the location on the edge of the Royal Game Reserve Het Loo. Considered a "delightful restaurant" and one of the "best restaurants" in the Netherlands, it was named after an "echoing well" where people traveling by obtained water for their horses. The building has the appearance of a hunting lodge and the restaurant specializes in seasonal game dishes, such as venison, boar and fowl. Theus de Kok is leading de kitchen since 1974. First as head chef, later as executive chef-maitre. In June 2010, Leendert Scholtus took over the kitchen from Chiel Dohmen. In Februari 2014, Scholtus announced that he would leave De Echoput to start his own restaurant. His successor will be Peter Paul van den Breemen, former owner and head chef of Het Jachthuis Hoog Soeren, who starts at 1 April.
The original restaurant was closed and demolished in 2004. Peter Klosse, son of the founder and owner of the complex since 1985, replaced it with a hotel and restaurant. They celebrated the reopening by winning the International Restaurant Awards category Best New Restaurant of the Year/Luxury Restaurant.
- 1971-1984: one star
- 1985-1989: two stars
- 1990-1997: one star
- 1998-2001: no stars
- 2002-2004: one star
- 2005-2011: no stars
- 2012: one star
Sources and references
- (Dutch) KnoopjeLos - Hotel Gastronomique De Echoput
- (Dutch) Alliance Gastronomique – Restaurants
- (Dutch) In memoriam Jaap Klosse oprichter Alliance Gastronomique
- (Dutch) De Vrouw en haar Huis - De Echoput
- The restaurant
- Fodor, Eugene (1990). Fodor's Europe. David McKay Publications. p. 591. ISBN 978-0-679-01764-6.
- McDonald, George (2011). Frommer's Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg. Frommer's. pp. 8, 436.
- Jansen, Will (2007). Culinaire grootmeesters. Het heilige vuur van twaalf topkoks (in Dutch). Utrecht: Uitgeverij Het Spectrum. pp. 99–104. ISBN 9789027455314.
- Hendriks, Patrick (21 November 2000). "Topchef Theus de Kok ontdekt gastheerschap". Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Hendriks, Patrick (2 April 2007). "De Echoput open na ontroerende week". Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Kok, Richard (3 May 2010). "Nieuwe chef-kok voor De Echoput" [New head chef for De Echoput]. Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 3 March 2014. (subscription required)
- Roemaat, Bianca (10 February 2014). "Chef Echoput* vertrekt en begint voor zichzelf" [Head chef Echoput* leaves and starts own restaurant]. Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 3 March 2014. (subscription required)
- Roemaat, Bianca (28 February 2014). "Peter Paul van den Breemen nieuwe chef-kok van De Echoput*" [Peter Paul van den Breemen new head chef of De Echoput*]. Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 3 March 2014. (subscription required)
- (Dutch)De Echoput overwint bureaucratie
- (Dutch) Echoput beste nieuwe restaurant van de wereld
- Brandligt, Vivie (30 March 2012). "Historisch overzicht Michelinsterren 1971 t/m 1975" [Historical overview Dutch Michelin stars 1971-1975]. Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Brandligt, Vivie (30 March 2012). "Historisch overzicht Michelinsterren 1976 t/m 1980" [Historical overview Dutch Michelin stars 1976-1980]. Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- (Dutch) Historical overview Michelin stars 1981 t/m 1985 Last visited 24 July 2011
- (Dutch) Historical overview Michelin stars 1986 t/m 1990 Last visited 24 July 2011
- Brandligt, Vivie (19 June 2007). "Historisch overzicht Michelinsterren" [Historical overview Dutch Michelin stars 1991-1996]. Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- (Dutch) Historical overview Michelin stars 1997 t/m 2000 Last visited 24 July 2011
- Brandligt, Vivie (30 March 2012). "Historisch overzicht Michelinsterren 2001 t/m 2005". Misset Horeca (in Dutch). Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- (Dutch) Totaaloverzicht Michelinsterren 2012 Last visited 29 November 2011
- (Dutch) Jaap Klosse overleden