Dead Man's Folly (film)
|Dead Man's Folly|
The DVD Cover
|Directed by||Clive Donner|
|Written by||Agatha Christie
|Distributed by||CBS Television|
|Running time||96 minutes|
Dead Man's Folly is a 1986 British-American television film featuring Agatha Christie's Belgian detective Hercule Poirot. It is based on Christie's novel Dead Man's Folly. The film was directed by Clive Donner and starred Peter Ustinov as Poirot.
Hercule Poirot and his associate, Captain Hastings, are called in by his eccentric mystery author friend, Ariadne Oliver, to a manor house in Devon. Oliver is organizing a "Murder Hunt" game for a local fair to be held at Nass House, but she is troubled by something she cannot quite put her foot on.
Things take a turn for the worse when during the "Murder Hunt" the girl playing the "dead" body is murdered for real. Soon afterwards, the lady of the manor mysteriously disappears and an old man's body is pulled from the river. Poirot must discover who and what are behind these seemingly unconnected events.
- Peter Ustinov - Hercule Poirot
- Jean Stapleton - Ariadne Oliver
- Constance Cummings - Amy Folliat
- Tim Pigott-Smith - Sir George Stubbs
- Jonathan Cecil - Captain Arthur Hastings
- Kenneth Cranham - Detective Inspector Bland
- Susan Wooldridge - Amanda Brewis
- Christopher Guard - Alec Legge
- Jeff Yagher - Eddie South
- Nicollette Sheridan - Hattie Stubbs | Italian Student (as Nicolette Sheridan)
- Ralph Arliss - Michael Weyman
- Caroline Langrishe - Sally Legge
|This article related to a TV movie of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mystery film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|