Dead Reckoning (novel)
Cover of Dead Reckoning
|Series||The Southern Vampire Mysteries|
|Genre||Fantasy, Mystery, Gothic, Romance|
|May 3, 2011|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)
Audio Book (CD)
|Preceded by||Dead in the Family|
Dead Reckoning is a 2011 New York Times Bestselling gothic romance novel by Charlaine Harris and is the eleventh book in her Southern Vampire Mysteries series. The book was released on May 3, 2011 by Ace Books and deals with Sookie discovering more about her heritage and dealing with more supernatural difficulties.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2011)|
Old friends and enemies are causing problems for Sookie Stackhouse. Sandra Pelt has a score to settle. Victor Madden, representative of the Vampire King Felipe de Castro, is challenging her lover Eric Northman's position and, in other ways, threatening her friend and employer Sam Merlotte. Great-uncle Dermot and cousin Claude are making themselves at home in Sookie's house in the aftermath of the separation with the faery world, and a visit from Amelia and Bob throws a new wrinkle into her relationship with Eric. Bill Compton admits his continuing love for Sookie, and proves to be a supportive friend. Meanwhile, Sookie is learning more about her grandmother Adele's relationship with her half-fairy grandfather Fintan. And Bubba's back.
Critical reception for Dead Reckoning was mixed. The Los Angeles Times remarked that the series had "lost some of its sting" and that the book felt "a bit stale". The Seattle PI gave a lukewarm review, stating that it was "not the best in the series" and "a little formulaic" but that "it works". io9 also gave a mixed review, praising Harris's "vampire mythos" but stating that the fae elements were the weakest part of the book and that it was "one of the more forgettable entries" in the series. Publishers Weekly praised the novel, calling it a "solid" book.
- "Best Sellers: May 22, 2011". New York Times. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Sookie Stackhouse novel 'Dead Reckoning' sprints toward series finale". Tulsa World. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Exclusive interview: True Blood author Charlaine Harris". TVNZ. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Q&A: Sookie Stackhouse Writer Charlaine Harris". Metro Pulse. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Review: Dead Reckoning". Booklist. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Book review: 'Dead Reckoning'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Book Review: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris". Seattle PI. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Dead Reckoning, the latest Sookie Stackhouse novel, brings on the fae — maybe a little too much". io9. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Fiction Review: Dead Reckoning". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
|This article about a 2010s fantasy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|