|Full name||Dean Graham Brownlie|
30 July 1984 |
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium|
|Test debut (cap 249)||1 November 2011 v Zimbabwe|
|Last Test||24–28 May 2013 v England|
|T20I debut||26 December 2010 v Pakistan|
|Last T20I||1 July 2012 v West Indies|
|Domestic team information|
|2010-12||New Zealand A|
|Source: Cricinfo, 28 May 2013|
Dean Graham Brownlie (born 30 July 1984) is an Australian-born cricketer currently playing for the Northern Districts cricket team in New Zealand domestic cricket. He has represented the New Zealand national cricket team in Test and Twenty20 International cricket, qualifying to represent the team by way of his father's birthplace.
Brownlie was born in Perth, Western Australia. He grew up playing both cricket and Australian rules football, representing the Mount Lawley District Cricket Club in the WACA District Cricket competition, and the West Perth Football Club at colts and reserves levels. He represented Western Australia at the 2001 Under-17 and the 2002 Under-19 national carnivals.
He played for Whitstable in the Kent Cricket League during the 2003 English cricket season as their overseas player. He made 455 runs at an average of 26.76, including one century, and also took 20 wickets.
Brownlie moved to New Zealand in 2009 to play for Canterbury. He made his Twenty20 debut in January 2010, and his List A debut the same season, making a golden duck on debut. However, he went on to score 86* in his second match. He then scored a century in his Plunket Shield début against Northern Districts.
After playing several matches for the New Zealand A, he made his Test debut for the national team against Zimbabwe in November 2011 after an injury to Jesse Ryder, qualifying to represent New Zealand by way of his father, who was born in Christchurch. Brownlie scored 63 in his first innings on debut, and also took one wicket bowling medium pace in Zimbabwe's first innings.
He then played in the Australian test series and was New Zealand's best batter, with scoring 77 unbeaten in Brisbane.
- In the column Runs, * indicates being not out.
- The column title Match refers to the Match Number of his career.
|Dean Browlie's Test Centuries|
|1||109||8||South Africa||Cape Town, South Africa||Newlands Cricket Ground||2013|
- Falcons' loss is Kiwi gain – thewest.com.au. Written by John Townsend. Updated 5 November 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Other matches played by Dean Brownlie – CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Former Whitstable C.C. overseas player makes Test Debut for New Zealand – pitchero.com. Written by Stephen Holness. Published 2 November 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Batting and fielding for Whitstable – CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Bowling for Whitstable – CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "Otago sneak home in thriller". CricInfo. 9 February 2010. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- New Zealand vs. Zimbabwe scorecard – espncricinfo.com. Retrieved 5 November 2011.