||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (June 2010)|
December 25, 1962
|Spouse(s)||Jesse Marion (April 9, 2004 - present)|
Dean Cameron (born Dean Eikleberry on December 25, 1962, in Morrison, Illinois) is an American television and film actor. He is best known for his role as Francis "Chainsaw" Gremp in the 1987 Mark Harmon comedy Summer School.
Dean has starred in some short-lived television series like Spencer (1984), Fast Times (1986, a spinoff of the 1982 film Fast Times at Ridgemont High), They Came from Outer Space (1990), and Mister Sterling (2003).
Played Dave Marshak in Ski School and Ski School II.
Married to Jessie Marion, granddaughter of Elena Verdugo and lives in Los Angeles. Their son, Duncan, was born August 1, 2009. He plays bass guitar in a band called "The Thornbirds" and a karaoke band poking fun at Corey Haim, Corey Feldman and Corey Hart called Coreyoke.
Tours with a two-person show entitled The Nigerian Spam Scam Scam, in which he and actor Victor Isaac read from Cameron's 11 month correspondence with a Nigerian 419 Scammer. The show was performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Comedy Festival in 2004 and 2005, the Just For Laughs festival and the Upright Citizens Brigade theater in 2006 and ran in Los Angeles from September 2004 to December 2004.
Co-wrote the 2001 feature film, Hollywood Palms, wrote and directed a short film, Glutton Falls and directed/choreographed "Bukowsical", a sell-out late night musical theater parody at the Sacred Fools Theater Company in Los Angeles, California. Cameron also directed the video "Fat Girl" for heavy metal band Steel Panther as well as co-wrote the song "Girl From Oklahoma" on their 2009 debut Feel the Steel and "Supersonic Sex Machine" on their 2011 follow-up Balls Out. Cameron also co-wrote and directed a presentation pilot for Steel Panther.
Since late 1999, has made a living as voice over talent for radio and television commercials.
In 2006, he originated the role of Carl in Love Tapes, a play based on video tapes sent by a fan to guitarist Steve Vai. Love Tapes was written by Steven Banks and Penn Jillette and directed by Cameron's wife, Jessie Marion.
- Hole in One (2010)
- The Benefits of Drinking Whisky (2005)
- The Curse of the Hideous Gimp (2004)
- Grace and the Storm (2004)
- Tan Lines: The Making of Suntanned Bikini (2003)
- The Palindrome Affair (2003)
- Mister Sterling (2003) (TV series)
- Sit and Spin (2002)
- Hollywood Palms (2001)
- Deep Core (2000)
- It's a Shame About Ray (2000)
- Two-Eleven (1999)
- Hi-Life (1998)
- Some Girl (1998) (uncredited)
- Midnight Blue (1997)
- Highball (1997)
- Kicking and Screaming (1995)
- Ski School 2 (1995)
- Sleep with Me (1994)
- State of Emergency (1994) (TV)
- Charlie's Ghost Story (1994)
- The Killing Box (1993)
- Miracle Beach (1992)
- Ski School (1991)
- They Came from Outer Space (1990) (TV series)
- Men at Work (1990)
- Disturbed (1990)
- Rockula (1990)
- Bad Dreams (1988)
- Summer School (1987)
- Fast Times (1986) (TV series)
- Prince of Bel Air (1986) (TV)
- Facing It: My Friend's an Alcoholic (1985)
- Things Are Looking Up (1984) (TV film)
- Spencer (1984) (TV series)
- Dean Cameron at the Internet Movie Database
- Dean Cameron's Nigerian Spam Scam Scam
- Dean Cameron's web site run by the actor