|Full name||Dean Kelly|
|Date of birth||18 September 1985|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2012||St Patrick's Athletic||13||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:41, 25 October 2012 (GMT).
† Appearances (Goals).
Dean Kelly (born 18 September 1985 in Dublin), is an Irish footballer who currently plays for Shelbourne. He has also played professionally for St Patrick's Athletic, Shamrock Rovers and Oldham Athletic.
Kelly played youth football for WFTA FC in Finglas reaching the SFAI finals at under 13 and 15 levels and scoring in a Play-off to win the under 16 Premier League in the DDSL. He played for Tolka Rovers in the Leinster Senior League before joining Crumlin United for the 2009–10 season. It was a successful season in which his team won the Intermediate Cup, the Charlie Cahill and the Metropolitan, as well as the Leinster League Premier Division. Despite missing 14 weeks with a knee injury, Kelly finished top scorer with 35 goals.
On 30 July 2010 he signed on a 6-month contract for the English side Oldham Athletic after impressing manager Paul Dickov in a trial period. He scored his first and only Football League goal on 30 October 2010 in 4–2 victory over Plymouth Argyle. He was released on 13 January 2011 after his short-term contract was completed having made fifteen appearances.
On 31 January 2011 Kelly signed for defending League of Ireland Champions Shamrock Rovers. He made his League of Ireland debut as a substitute for the Hoops in the opening night win over Dundalk on 4 March 2011. His first goal for the club came on his full debut on 14 March as the club beat Lisburn Distillery 3–0 in the first leg quarter-final match of the Setanta Sports Cup. In October 2011 Kelly scored a late goal against UCD to clinch the 2011 league title for Shamrock Rovers. In January 2012 he signed a new one year contract with the club.
Kelly was released by mutual agreement in February 2012. He had scored 4 times in 4 competitions in a total of 21 appearances.
St. Patricks Athletic
Kelly signed for League of Ireland club St Patrick's Athletic for the 2012 season. He scored his first goal for the club on his debut against Bray Wanderers on the opening day of the season in a 1–0 win at Richmond Park. Kelly followed this up with an assist for Stephen O'Flynn away to Dundalk at Oriel Park. The following Friday Kelly scored again at home against Monaghan United, but he was sent-off before half time.
Kelly represented the Republic of Ireland in the Amateur European Championships, where he scored a hat trick to help the Irish qualify for the finals. In his next match for the team in April 2009 he then scored 4 goals as the Irish team beat Sardinian team Calinganis 5–1. In the UEFA Regions Finals in Croatia in 2009 he appeared in all three matches, against Spain, Bosnia and Belgium, where he scored a last minute goal.
- Shamrock Rovers – 2011
- Cahill Cup
- Metro Cup
Professional appearances – correct as of 25 October 2012
|St Patrick's Athletic||2012||13||2||1||0||1||0||1||0||1||0||17||2|
- Ryan, Seán (2 January 2011). "Career break with a difference sees Kelly move smoothly into professional ranks". independent.ie.
- "Crumlin set for FAI Umbro Intermediate Cup showdown". Football Association of Ireland. 4 May 2010.
- Richardson, Kevin (30 July 2010). "Athletic swoop on striker". Oldham Evening Chronicle. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Kelly signs for Latics". Oldham Athletic Official Website. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "Oldham 4–2 Plymouth". BBC Sport. 30 October 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- "Oldham Athletic release Dean Kelly and Jason Jarrett". BBC Sport. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Hoops sign Dean Kelly". Shamrock Rovers Football Club. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- "Rovers 3–1 Dundalk". Shamrock Rovers Football Club. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Lisburn Distillery 0:3 Rovers". Shamrock Rovers Football Club. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Malone, Emmet (26 October 2011). "Kelly secures 17th title for Rovers". Irish Times. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Hoops re sign Trio". Shamrock Rovers FC. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Greene & Winn sign". Shamrock Rovers FC. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Saints Confirm More Signings". St Patrick's Athletic FC. 25 February 2012. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Match Report: Dundalk 0 – St Patrick's Athletic 2". St Patrick's Athletic FC. 3 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March.
- "10 Man Saints Earn Point". St Patrick's Athletic FC. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March.
- "Irish amateurs qualify for UEFA Regions Cup Finals". Football Association of Ireland. 21 October 2008.
- "Irish Amateurs put five past Calinganis". Football Association of Ireland. 22 April 2009.
- "Republic of Ireland 3 – 0 Bosnia". Football Association of Ireland. 24 June 2009.
- "Belgium 2 – 1 Republic of Ireland". Football Association of Ireland. 16 June 2009.
- "Second half goals overcome Amateurs". Football Association of Ireland. 21 May 2010.
- Includes other competitive competitions, including the FA Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, Football League Trophy, Setanta Sports Cup, Leinster Senior Cup
- "Player Profile: Dean Kelly". St Patrick's Athletic FC. Retrieved 1 March 2012.