McDermott at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival
November 16, 1966 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Spouse(s)||Mary Jo Eustace (1993–2006)
Tori Spelling (2006–present)
Dean McDermott (born November 16, 1966) is a Canadian-American actor. He is married to Victoria Davey "Tori" Spelling, with whom he appeared in the observational documentary shows Tori & Dean: Inn Love and Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, and for having acted out the role of Constable Renfield Turnbull on the TV series Due South.
McDermott has appeared in many TV and movie roles, including the Kevin Costner film Open Range and the television film Always and Forever, about two high-school sweethearts, in which he starred alongside Rena Sofer and Barbara Eden.
In 2013, Dean announced that he will be the host of Chopped Canada on Food Network Canada, which is set to premiere in 2014 .
In July 2005, McDermott began filming the Lifetime TV movie Mind Over Murder in Ottawa, alongside Tori Spelling. The two began an affair the night they first met, despite both being married. In September, Spelling separated from her husband Charlie Shanian. While on a family vacation in Palm Springs, California, McDermott told then-wife Mary Jo Eustace, "I'm leaving you, not my kid," and filed for divorce from his wife of 12 years. On December 24, 2005, McDermott and Spelling became engaged. In February 2006, McDermott's and Eustace's divorce was finalized; and in April 2006, Spelling's and Shanian's divorce was finalized. McDermott was granted joint custody of his son Jack, but he opted not to move forward with the adoption of a baby girl, Lola, he and Eustace were in the process of adopting prior to their separation.
McDermott married Spelling on May 7, 2006, in a private ceremony in Wakaya, Fiji. Spelling and McDermott renewed their vows on May 8, 2010 in Beverly Hills. Spelling and McDermott have four children: sons Liam Aaron (born March 13, 2007) and Finn Davey (born August 30, 2012)  and daughters Stella Doreen (born June 9, 2008) and Hattie Margaret (born October 10, 2011).
On July 1, 2010, McDermott was involved in a dirt bike accident, his second motorcycle accident of the year. Suffering a punctured and collapsed lung, he was rushed to the Intensive Care Unit of a Los Angeles hospital. Doctors expected McDermott to make a full recovery. McDermott was released from the hospital on July 6, 2010.
McDermott became an American citizen at a ceremony in Los Angeles on August 21, 2010.
- The Wall (1998)
- Power Play (1998)
- Bone Daddy (1998)
- Due South (1997–1999)
- To Love, Honour & Betray (1999)
- Spencer: Small Vices (1999)
- Mythic Warriors: Guarders of the Legend (1999)
- Twice In a Lifetime (2000)
- Deliberate Intent (2000)
- Loves Music, Loves To Dance (2001)
- What Makes a Family (2001)
- WW3 (2001)
- Hysteria - The Def Leppard Story (2001)
- Picture Clare (2001)
- Relic Hunter (2001)
- Tracker (2001)
- Rough Air: Danger on Flight 543 (2001)
- Brian’s Song (2001)
- Stolen Miracle (2001)
- Earth: Final Conflict (2001)
- A Christmas Visitor (2002)
- The Skulls III (2003)
- Open Range (2003)
- Walls of Secrets (2003)
- 1-800-Missing (2003–2004)
- Touch of Pink (2004)
- Against the Ropes (2004)
- H2O (2004), miniseries
- The Tournament (2005)
- Tilt (2005)
- Kojak (2005)
- NCIS (2005)
- The Closer (2005)
- Without A Trace (2005)
- Mind Over Murder (2006)
- Tori & Dean: Inn Love (2007)
- Housesitter (2007)
- Kiss the Bride (2008)
- Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood (2008)
- Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe (2009)
- Always and Forever (2009)
- Someone Has to Die (2008)
- Saving God (2008)
- Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy (2011)
- "Dean McDermott To Host Chopped Canada".
- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=24937 ...Tori Spelling ...cheated on her then-husband Charlie Shanian with Dean the first night they met ...
- Access Hollywood Mary Jo Eustace Interview
- "Mary Jo Eustace On Her Divorce From Dean McDermott & Her Confrontation With Tori Spelling". Access Hollywood. 2009-10-93. Retrieved 2012-03-24. Text "latest_news" ignored (help)
- "Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott Tie the Knot – Again!". People. 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott welcome daughter Stella Doreen". People. 2008-06-09. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling Welcomes Third Child". People. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "News - Dean McDermott in ICU With Punctured, Collapsed Lung - Healthy Lifestyle - UsMagazine.com". www.usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Rep: Dean McDermott Released From Hospital". UsMagazine.com.
- "Tori Spelling's Canadian husband turns proud American after swearing-in ceremony". Daily Mail (London). August 21, 2010.