McDermott at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival
November 16, 1966 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Spouse(s)||Mary Jo Eustace (1993–2006)
Tori Spelling (2006–present)
Dean McDermott (born November 16, 1966) is a Canadian-American actor. He is married to actress Tori Spelling, with whom he appeared in the reality television shows Tori & Dean: Inn Love and Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. He played the role of Constable Renfield Turnbull on the TV series Due South.
McDermott has appeared in many TV and movie roles, including the Kevin Costner film Open Range and the television film Always and Forever, about two high-school sweethearts, in which he starred alongside Rena Sofer and Barbara Eden.
In 2013, Dean announced that he will be the host of Chopped Canada on Food Network Canada, which premiered in 2014.
McDermott's first wife was Mary Jo Eustace. In July 2005, McDermott began filming the Lifetime TV movie Mind Over Murder in Ottawa, alongside Tori Spelling. The two began an affair the night they met, despite both being married. Upon his subsequent divorce from Eustace, McDermott was granted joint custody of their son Jack, but he opted not to move forward with the adoption of a baby girl, Lola, whom he and Eustace were in the process of adopting prior to their separation.
McDermott married Spelling on May 7, 2006, in Wakaya, Fiji. Spelling and McDermott renewed their vows on May 8, 2010 in Beverly Hills. Spelling and McDermott have four children: sons Liam Aaron (born March 13, 2007) and Finn Davey (born August 30, 2012)  and daughters Stella Doreen (born June 9, 2008) and Hattie Margaret (born October 10, 2011).
On July 1, 2010, McDermott was involved in a dirt bike accident, his second motorcycle accident of the year. He was hospitalized in Los Angeles with a punctured and collapsed lung, and doctors said they expected him to make a full recovery. McDermott was released from the hospital on July 6, 2010.
McDermott became an American citizen at a ceremony in Los Angeles on August 21, 2010.
On January 23, 2014, McDermott's publicist announced that he had entered rehab for "some health and personal issues." In a statement, he said he was "truly sorry for the mistakes I have made and for the pain I've caused my family." While he is receiving treatment, McDermott is allowed to visit his four children with wife Tori Spelling at their home.
- The Wall (1998)
- Power Play (1998)
- Bone Daddy (1998)
- Due South (1997–1999)
- To Love, Honour & Betray (1999)
- Spencer: Small Vices (1999)
- Mythic Warriors: Guarders of the Legend (1999)
- Rescue Heroes (1999)
- Twice In a Lifetime (2000)
- Deliberate Intent (2000)
- Loves Music, Loves To Dance (2001)
- What Makes a Family (2001)
- WW3 (2001)
- Hysteria - The Def Leppard Story (2001)
- Picture Clare (2001)
- Relic Hunter (2001)
- Tracker (2001)
- Rough Air: Danger on Flight 543 (2001)
- Brian’s Song (2001)
- Stolen Miracle (2001)
- Earth: Final Conflict (2001)
- A Christmas Visitor (2002)
- The Skulls III (2003)
- Open Range (2003)
- Walls of Secrets (2003)
- 1-800-Missing (2003–2004)
- Touch of Pink (2004)
- Against the Ropes (2004)
- H2O (2004), miniseries
- The Tournament (2005)
- Tilt (2005)
- Kojak (2005)
- NCIS (2005)
- The Closer (2005)
- Without A Trace (2005)
- Mind Over Murder (2006)
- Tori & Dean: Inn Love (2007)
- Housesitter (2007)
- Kiss the Bride (2008)
- Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood (2008)
- Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe (2009)
- Always and Forever (2009)
- Someone Has to Die (2008)
- Saving God (2008)
- Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy (2011)
- Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off (2013)
- Chopped: Canada (2014)
- Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever (2014)
- "Dean McDermott: Biography". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Dean McDermott To Host Chopped Canada".
- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=24937 ...Tori Spelling ...cheated on her then-husband Charlie Shanian with Dean the first night they met ...
- Access Hollywood Mary Jo Eustace Interview
- "Mary Jo Eustace On Her Divorce From Dean McDermott & Her Confrontation With Tori Spelling". Access Hollywood. 2009-10-93. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott Tie the Knot – Again!". People. 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott welcome daughter Stella Doreen". People. 2008-06-09. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Tori Spelling Welcomes Third Child". People. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "News - Dean McDermott in ICU With Punctured, Collapsed Lung - Healthy Lifestyle - UsMagazine.com". www.usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Rep: Dean McDermott Released From Hospital". UsMagazine.com.
- "Tori Spelling's Canadian husband turns proud American after swearing-in ceremony". Daily Mail (London). August 21, 2010.
- "Actor Dean McDermott enters rehab". MSN Entertainment. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Jordan, Julie. "Tori Spelling's Husband, Dean McDermott, Is in Rehab". People Magazine. Retrieved 24 January 2014.