Dean Radin (born February 29, 1952) is a researcher and author in the field of parapsychology. He has been Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS), in Petaluma, California, USA, since 2001, and is on the Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Psychology at Sonoma State University, on the Distinguished Consulting Faculty at Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, and former President of the Parapsychological Association. He is also co-editor-in-chief of the Elsevier journal Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing.
Professionally, Radin worked as a concert violinist for five years, later switching to engineering after earning an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, as well as both a master's degree in electrical engineering and a doctorate in educational psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
After his graduation, Radin worked at Bell Labs, and then conducted research at Princeton University, GTE Laboratories, University of Edinburgh, SRI International, Interval Research Corporation, and was a faculty member at University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Radin was elected President of the Parapsychological Association in 1988, 1993, 1998, and 2005 and has published a number of articles and scientific papers, as well as two books directed to a popular audience: The Conscious Universe and Entangled Minds. Radin's books have drawn mixed reviews. A critical review of The Conscious Universe was published by Nature.
Radin has conducted parapsychological research in several areas, drawing a conclusion that some psychic phenomena exist. Radin was featured on the BBC Horizon TV series explaining an experiment he designed that recorded people's emotional response to a randomized series of pictures. He believes the results to be evidence of retrocausation, a conclusion not supported by mainstream scientists.[dead link]
- Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality (2006)
- Captain of My Ship, Master of My Soul: Living With Guidance (2001), with F. Holmes Atwater, Joseph McMoneagle, Skip Atwater
- The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena (1997, HarperCollins). Note: in Great Britain this book is entitled The Noetic Universe.
- Erlendur Haraldsson. "History of the Parapsychological Association Presidents". Parapsychological Association. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Institute Staff". Institute Of Noetic Sciences. Retrieved January 30, 2010.[dead link]
- "Explore Editorial board". Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- "Dean Radin - Bio". DeanRadin.com. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Publications". DeanRadin.com. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Presentations & Interviews". DeanRadin.com. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Morten Monrad Pedersen (January 1, 2004). "Book Review: Dean Radin, "The Conscious Universe"". SkepticReport.
- John Walker (August 2007). "Book Review: Dean Radin, "Entangled Minds"". .
- Roger Nelson (March 22, 2006). "Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality (book review)". The Journal Of Parapsychology 6 (2).
- Robert T. Carroll. "The Conscious Universe by Dean Radin - Book Review". Skeptic's Dictionary. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- R. J. Carter. "Entangled Minds by Dean Radin - Book Review". . Retrieved June 19, 2010.
- Robert T. Carroll. "Entangled Minds by Dean Radin - Book Review". The Skeptic's Dictionary. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Good, I. J. (1997). "Where has the billion trillion gone?". Nature 389 (2): 806–807. Bibcode:1997Natur.389..806G. doi:10.1038/39784.
- Electrodermal presentiment demonstration on BBC's Horizon (highlights, 6 minutes in)
- Electrodermal Presentiments of Future Emotions, Dean I. Radin, Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 253-273, 2004
- Dean Radin's official website - Contains a blog and various resources to do with his work
- Dean Radin articles & MP3 audio provided by Shift in Action, sponsored by the Institute of Noetic Sciences
-  Dean Radin Lecture Entangled Minds at Theosophy Hall, NYC Part 1 of 2
-  Dean Radin Lecture Entangled Minds at Theosophy Hall, NYC Part 2 of 2
-  - Interview with Radin responds to criticisms of Global Consciousness Project