|Member of the Nevada Senate
from the Rural Nevada (19th) district
|Preceded by||Norman Glaser|
|Succeeded by||Pete Goicoechea|
|Member of the Nevada Assembly
from the 33rd district
1976 - 1982
|Preceded by||Roy Young|
|Succeeded by||Byron "Bill" Biyleu|
October 5, 1935 |
|Alma mater||California State Polytechnic College|
Dean Rhoads is a Republican member of the Nevada Senate, representing the Northern Nevada District (map) since 1984. Previously he served in the Nevada Assembly from 1976 through 1982. In October 2010, Senator Rhoads broke with the Republican establishment to endorse Harry Reid over Sharon Angle in that year's Senate Race.
Rhoads is married to his wife Sharon and together they have 2 children: Shammy, Chandra.
Rhoads obtained his BS in Agriculture Business Management from California State Polytechnic College.
Dean Rhoads is a member of many organizations which include:
- Director of the American Legislative Exchange Council
- Member of the Nevada Cattlemens Association
- Member of the Nevada Taxpayers Association
- Member of the Rotary Club
- Board of Directors - ALEC |accessdate=April 17, 2012
- "Senator Rhoads Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- Nevada State Legislature - Senator Dean A. Rhoads official government website
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Dean A. Rhoads (NV) profile
- Follow the Money - Dean A Rhoads
|This article about a Nevada politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|