Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Other names||Dean A. Silvers
Dean Avery Silvers
|Years active||1985 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Marlen Hecht (m. 1987)|
Dean Silvers, J.D., M.S., PHD., is an American award-winning film producer, film director, screenwriter, entertainment lawyer, and author. He has produced numerous noteworthy films, including Flirting with Disaster, Manny & Lo, and Spanking the Monkey, which won multiple awards, including the Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival and two Independent Spirit Awards.
The New York Times recommended Silvers' book, Secrets of Breaking into the Film and TV Business (William Morrow and Company/HarperCollins), "What better time to grab Dean Silvers' Secrets of Breaking into the Film and TV Business... Brimming with helpful hints... and new business models that are revolutionizing an industry... "
- Unconquered (1989) (co-producer) (CBS Broadcasting Inc. (CBS))
- Resident Alien (1990) (co-producer) (Docurama)
- The Last Good Time (1994) (producer) (The Samuel Goldwyn Company)
- Spanking the Monkey (1994) (producer) (Fine Line Features)
- Wigstock: The Movie (1995) (producer) (The Samuel Goldwyn Company)
- Manny & Lo (1996) (producer) (Sony Pictures Classics)
- Flirting with Disaster (1996) (producer) (Miramax Films)
- Split Screen (1997–2001) (executive producer) (Independent Film Channel (IFC))
- Warriors of the French Foreign Legion on IMDB (2000) (executive producer) (Discovery Channel)
- Committed (2000) (producer) (Miramax Films)
- Border Patrol: Life on the Line on IMDB (2001) (executive producer) (Discovery Channel)
- The Atlantis Conspiracy (2001) (director, writer, and producer) (Home Box Office (HBO) and Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen (ZDF))
- The Investigators (TruTV series) (2002–2004) (executive producer) (TruTV)
- Dor I' Dor: Honoring the Generations on IMDB (2008) (producer and writer) (Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beyond the Fire (2009) (executive producer) (Met Film Distribution)
- One Fall (2011) (producer) (Paladin Film)
- Sela on IMDB (2013) (producer and writer) (Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Secrets of Breaking into the Film and TV Business (2014, ISBN 0-062-28006-6) (William Morrow and Company/HarperCollins)
- Bernstein, Paula S. "Obsession for Men". Filmmaker. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- Berne, Betsy. "The Dean Silvers Indies". Blackbook. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- http://history.sundance.org/events/29 Sundance Institute Archives
- Roberts, Sam. "A New Verdict on Tammany Hall". The New York Times. Retrieved March 7, 2014.