|Date of birth||9 January 1980|
|Place of birth||Melbourne|
|Original team||Bendigo Pioneers|
|Debut||25 April 1998, Essendon
v. Collingwood, at M.C.G.
|Height/Weight||189cm / 103kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2009 season.
Playing for the North Broken Hill Football Club, a team with which his family has a long history he received several honours as a junior, along with several junior premierships, however as a 16 year old he was awarded "best junior" when playing for the league or A-grade team against many large, hard men who would often attempt to physically intimidate him.
Solomon played his last game for North Broken Hill in 1996, unfortunately injuring his fingers and missing a grand final.
Solomon made his AFL debut in 1998 for Essendon and was part of their 2000 premiership team. On numerous occasions, however, Solomon has shown his lack of discipline to be detrimental to his game, one example being the 2005 clash with Adelaide at AAMI Stadium, where Solomon's concession of a 50-metre penalty was considered a turning point in the match, from which Adelaide became big victors.
On 13 October 2006 Solomon was traded to the Fremantle Dockers, following a trade of draft picks No. 42 and No. 47, Fremantle also gained pick No. 52 from the Bombers. He links up with close friend, forward Chris Tarrant who was traded to the Dockers on the same day from Collingwood.
In 2008, Solomon was reported for elbowing Cameron Ling to the head which resulted in broken cheekbones and eye socket and Solomon received an 8 week suspension, the most severe AFL tribunal penalty in 11 years.
On 18 February 2010 Solomon announced his retirement from AFL football due to a painful degenerative knee injury.
|Season||Round||Charge category (level)||Victim||Result||Verdict||Ref(s)|
|2004||11||Melee involvement||—||Guilty (accepted fine)||$4,500 fine|||
|2005||18||Melee involvement||—||Guilty (accepted fine)||$2,400 fine|||
|2006||8||Charging (3)||Ben Cousins (West Coast)||Not guilty (won at tribunal)||—|||
|2007||PS-QF||Striking (1)||Brent Harvey (Kangaroos)||Guilty (early plea)||Reprimand|||
|6||Misconduct (3)||Jason Roe (Brisbane Lions)||Guilty (lost at tribunal)||1 match suspension|||
|21||Wrestling||Brad Miller (Melbourne)||Guilty (accepted fine)||$900 fine|||
|2008||1||Rough conduct (1)||Shane Wakelin (Collingwood)||Guilty (lost at tribunal)||2 matches suspension|||
|8||Wrestling||Tom Williams (Western Bulldogs)||Guilty (accepted fine)||$1,800 fine|||
|15||Striking (6)||Cameron Ling (Geelong)||Guilty (direct to tribunal)||8 matches suspension|||
- Dean Solomon Rubbed Out For 8 Weeks
- Dean Solomon joins Gold Coast
- "Tribunal History in Season 2004". AFL Historical Statistics. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Dean Solomon, Fremantle Dockers @ FanFooty". FanFooty. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Tribunal History in Season 2005". AFL Historical Statistics. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Tribunal History in Season 2006". AFL Historical Statistics. Retrieved 10 August 2009.
- "Tribunal History in Season 2007 (pre-season)". AFL Historical Statistics. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Tribunal History in Season 2007". AFL Historical Statistics. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Tribunal History in Season 2008". AFL Historical Statistics. Retrieved 4 September 2009.