Deanery of Lafford
The Deanery of Lafford is an historic deanery in the Anglican Diocese of Lincoln in England. Located around the market town of Sleaford, it covers an area of c.200 square miles and serves a population of c.36,000.
In 1910 the Deanery was divided into the Deaneries of Lafford i or North Lafford, and the Deanery of Lafford ii or South Lafford. The two Deaneries re-merged in 1964 to form Lafford Deanery.
Parishes of the Gilbertine Benefice were added in 2010.
Rural Deans of Lafford
- 1978-1987: Rev. Thomas George Williamson
- 1987-1996: Rev. John Stephen Thorold
- 1996-2002: Rev. Canon Samuel Hall Speers MA(TCD)
- 2002-2003: Rev. Graham Parry Williams
- 2003-2007: Rev. Peter John Mander BA(Lpool)
- 2008-2012: Rev. Canon John Andrew Patrick BA(Dunelm)
- 2012-present: Rev. Christine Pennock BEd(Leeds)
The following ecclesiastical parish churches were part of Lafford Deanery as of April 2012[update].
- Note: The parish churches marked † were not part of the deanery as it was constituted in the nineteenth century.
- Anwick, St Edith
- Asgarby, St Andrew
- Aslackby, St James
- Aswarby, St Denys
- Aunsby, St Thomas Of Canterbury
- Billingborough, St Andrew †
- Billinghay, St Michael And All Angels
- Bloxholm, St Mary
- Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew/Blessed Virgin Mary/St Nicholas
- Cranwell, St Andrew
- Dembleby, St Lucia
- Digby, St Thomas Of Canterbury
- Dorrington, St James
- Dowsby, St Andrew †
- Evedon, St Mary
- Ewerby, St Andrew
- Folkingham, St Andrew
- Great & Little Hale, St John The Baptist
- Heckington, St Andrew
- Helpringham, St Andrew
- Horbling, St Andrew †
- Kirkby Green, Holy Cross †
- Kirkby Laythorpe, St Denys
- Leasingham, St Andrew
- Martin, Holy Trinity†
- New Sleaford, St Denys
- Newton, St Botolph
- North Kyme, St Luke †
- Osbournby, St Peter & St Paul
- Pickworth, St Andrew
- Quarrington and Old Sleaford, St Botolph
- Rowston, St Clement
- Ruskington, All Saints
- Scopwick, Holy Cross
- Scot Willoughby, St Andrew
- Scredington, St Andrew
- Pointon, Christchurch
- Silk Willoughby, St Denys
- South Kyme, St Mary & All Saints
- Swarby, St Mary And All Saints
- Swaton, St Michael
- Threekingham, St Peter
- Timberland, St Andrew †
- Walcot, St Nicholas
- Walcott, St Oswald †
- "Lafford Deanery". Lincoln, United Kingdom: The Diocese of Lincoln. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Lafford Deanery". The Church of England in the Sleaford Area of the Diocese of Lincoln. Lafford Deanery. 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Records of the Rural Deanery of Lafford (to include North Lafford and South Lafford).". Lincolnshire Archives. Lincoln, United Kingdom: Lincolnshire Country Council. 12 March 1994. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "About us". The Gilbertine Benefice. Billingborough, Lincolnshire. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Williamson, Canon Thomas George" Crockford's Clerical Directory July 2014 (Church House Publishing)
- "Thorold, Canon John Stephen" Crockford's Clerical Directory July 2014 (Church House Publishing)
- "Speers, Canon Samuel Hall" Crockford's Clerical Directory July 2014 (Church House Publishing)
- "Williams, Graham Parry" Crockford's Clerical Directory July 2014 (Church House Publishing)
- "Mander, Peter John" Crockford's Clerical Directory July 2014 (Church House Publishing)
- "Patrick, Canon John Andrew" Crockford's Clerical Directory July 2014 (Church House Publishing)
- "Pennock, Mrs Christine" Crockford's Clerical Directory July 2014 (Church House Publishing)
- Mills, Louis (3 May 2009). "Lafford Deanery". GENUKI UK and Ireland Genealogy pages. London, United Kingdom: The GENUKI Charitable Trust. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
In the 19th century, the Lafford Deanery in southern Lincolnshire consisted of the following parishes: