|Ceased operation||January 1989|
|Service area||North Shore|
|Service type||Bus & coach services|
|Fleet||31 (December 1988)|
Deanes Coaches was formed in the 1950s as Turramurra-Bobbin Head Bus Service. In July 1968 Longueville Motor Bus Co was purchased with route 127 Longueville - Chatswood and Longueville - Wynyard. In November 1970 Barnes Coaches was purchased with routes 54 Chatswood - Macquarie University, 124 Chatswood - Lindfield, 221 Lindfield - Bradfield Park and 224 Tambourne Bay - Northwood - Wynyard.
In May 1977 a new depot was opened at Macquarie Bank to replace the Carlingford and Turramurra facilies. Routes 54, 124 and 221 were also transferred here from Lane Cove allowing the Blaxlands Corner depot to close. In December 1977 the Longueville and Northwood services were sold to Bernie Best as Lane Cove Bus Service with eight buses. In June 1986 route 54 was sold to North & Western Bus Lines.
In December 1988 routes 564 and 565 were sold to East Lindfield - Killara Bus Service with six buses and the remainder of the routes sold to Hornsby Bus Group in January 1989 with 21 buses and four coaches.
The routes at the time the business was sold were:
- 564 Chatswood - Roseville - Lindfield via University of Technology
- 565 Lindfield - West Lindfield - Macquarie University
- 567 Gordon - West Gordon
- 568 Gordon - West Pymble - Macquarie University
- 569 Pymble - Macquarie University
- 570 Turramurra - South Turramurra via Kissing Point Road
- 571 Turramurra - South Turramurra via Carina Road
- 572 Turramurra - Macquarie University via Kissing Point Road
- 573 Turramurra - Warrawee Valley - Fox Valley
- 574 Warrawee - Fox Valley
- 575 Turramurra - East Wahroonga - North Wahroonga - Wahroonga
- 576 Turramurra - East Wahroonga - North Turramurra - Turramurra loop
- 577 Turramurra - North Turramurra - Bobbin Head
- 578 Turramurra - Pymble via Bannockburn Road
- 579 Pymble - Murdoch Street, East Turramurra
Deanes Coaches operated 27 buses and four coaches at the time of its sale. Fleet livery was originally dark blue, followed by yellow and white with light blue stripes followed by white with blue orange and yellow stripes.
- Manny, Leon (1985). Terminus Please. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. p. 32, 141.
- Sydney Bus Routes 51 - 100 sydneybusroutes.com
- [http://www.sydneybusroutes.com/images/PDFs/0113%20timeline%20rtes%20101-150.pdf Sydney Bus Routes 100 - 151 sydneybusroutes.com
- Deanes Coaches Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "North & Western Bus Lines - Its Routes and Timetables" Fleetline May 2000 page 87
- "Ownership Changes" Fleetline January 1989 page 11
- Deanes Coaches Forster Bus
- Forster Coaches & Wingham Coaches Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- About Us Deane's Snow Holidays
- "Denning Monocoaches at Clipper Tours" Fleetline September 1993 page 186
- "Menai Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama 4/6 May 1989 page 45
- "Menai Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama 5/1 July 1989 page 48