Dear Eleanor is an upcoming 2015 American film, directed by Kevin Connolly, and starring Isabelle Fuhrman, Liana Liberato, and Jessica Alba. Written by Cecilia Contreras and Amy Garcia, it is a coming of age story about two best friends traveling across the U.S. in 1962 to meet their childhood hero, Eleanor Roosevelt. The film is being produced by Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way Productions, and was expected to premiere at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.
In 1962, in the shadow of the Cuban Missile Crisis, two teenage girls (Isabelle Fuhrman and Liana Liberato) break out of their normal life, jump in the car and embark on a trip across the country in search of the former First Lady of the United States, Eleanor Roosevelt. Their Thelma & Louise cross-country adventure is a mix of hilarious joy ride and an empowering personal odyssey that not only tests their friendship for the first time but also lands the girls in jail.
- Isabelle Fuhrman as Max the Wax
- Liana Liberato as Ellie Potter
- Jessica Alba as Aunt Daisy
- Josh Lucas as Frank Morris
- Ione Skye as Charlotte
- Luke Wilson as Bob Potter
- Patrick Schwarzenegger as Bud
- Joel Courtney as Billy
- Paul Johansson as Hugh
- Claire van der Boom as Caroline Potter
Chuck Pacheco, Hillary Sherman and Caleb Applegate are producing the film, which began shooting in Boulder County, Colorado on May 14, 2013. The town of Niwot doubled for the protagonist's hometown of Manteca, California. The towns Longmont, Lyons and Hygiene, Colorado were also expected to be used as locations. Filming took place in Downtown Denver at the Paramount Theatre, before shooting wrapped in mid-June. A Colorado state economic incentive program helped to attract the production, which would spend $2.5 million in the state.
- "Isabelle Fuhrman Joins Kevin Connolly-Helmed ‘Dear Eleanor’". Deadline.com. May 23, 2013. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- Sealover, Ed (February 14, 2013). "Hollywood comes to Colorado: 3 films to be made here under incentives program". Denver Business Journal. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Jardin, Jeff (July 10, 2013). "Jardine: Small Colorado town becomes Manteca for film starring Jessica Alba". The Modesto Bee. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- Young, Quentin (May 14, 2013). "Jessica Alba movie being shot in Boulder County". Daily Camera. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "Sneak peek at filming of 'Dear Eleanor' in Denver". 9news.com. June 12, 2013. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Svaldi, Aldo (February 14, 2013). "Colorado uses incentives to lure three feature films". The Denver Post. Retrieved June 6, 2013.