From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Members||Tim Wong - Lead Vocal
Jackal Ng - Bassist
Howie Yung - Guitarist
Nice Lai - Drummer
|Past members||Adam Diaz- Guitarist|
Dear Jane is a Hong Kong band that consists of Tim Wong - Lead Vocalist, Jackal Ng - Bassist/Supporting Vocalist, Howie Yung - Guitarist/Supporting Vocalist and Nice - Drummer.
- The band was formed in 2003.
- Prior to "Dear Jane", members Adam Diaz and Howie Yung were in an Indie band named "Fuse".
- Their name "Dear Jane" refers to a Dear John letter but from the point of view of a male writing to a female. The name signifies their music highlighting the point of view of a male.
- They were first signed by See Music Ltd. In 2008, the contract was discontinued and the band was later signed by Music Nation Ltd., the same record company as Aaron Kwok.
- In 2011, the band moved to Warner Music.
- Tim appears in several music videos of other Cantopop singers as well as TVB series.
- Howie and Adam have written songs for other Cantopop singers before Dear Jane.
- Jackal was born in Hong Kong and went to school in Taiwan.
- Tim was born and raised in USA. Howie and Adam were both born in Canada.
- Their song "男兒當打交" was played on the TVs in the buses in Hong Kong.
- Their song "初哥" features a guitar solo from Hong Kong rock legend Paul Wong(黃貫中) from Beyond.
- Their debut album's name "100" comes from the 100 shows they played prior to releasing their album.
- "100" (2006) - by See Music Ltd.
- "XOXO" (2009) - by Music Nation Ltd.
- Dear Jane International Fanclub
- Dear Jane Official Site
- Dear Jane Yahoo! Blog
- Dear Jane on Facebook
- Dear Jane on Instagram
- Dear Jane on Myspace
- Dear Jane interview video + text
|This article on a Hong Kong band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|